This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It also sounds even more awesome when things get better after the fall.  I love this album. It's still fresh.  

Yes, that’s another thing that has really impressed me with SOE: its staying power. I love it as much as I did in December 2017; frankly, I love it even more.

The only other album I can say that about in the same way is AB. Coincidentally, these two albums (along with NLOTH) are the only albums where I feel like I haven’t listened to them properly unless I listen to them in their entirety in one sitting.

Therefore, I guess, in my own personal reckoning, I have to call it a classic U2 album. If I’m placing it with AB (and I am), it must be a classic.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, dmway said:

he only other album I can say that about in the same way is AB

exactamundo.  They feel like bookends to me, and now we'll see what they do next.  ⬆️   

• 5 months later...
  • Community Moderator
7 hours ago, dmway said:

Happy 2nd anniversary, SOE! 😎

You are still an awesome album!

:SoE:

Still one of my very favorites...and I'll never forget where I was the first time I heard it. This album hit me like Achtung Baby did.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Just now, mich40 said:

Still one of my very favorites...and I'll never forget where I was the first time I heard it. This album hit me like Achtung Baby did.

Seconded all around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...