Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

Have listened in the dark to 14 new albums on launch day (3 times before launch day actually!) and can safely say that this is appalling stuff. Lights of home for example is simply embarrassing. It is obvious that this is now just the band playing support to Hewson's egotistical writing.

After 38 years, am still happy to go to concerts but if this is all that they can now write, then keep it to greatest hits and forgotten gems. Stop the embarrassment! ?

On 11/28/2017 at 4:09 AM, brendo1704 said:

deliver.png

Thank you for this. I was dumb enough to pre-order the album and now can't enjoy it for a week. I'm tempted to check out the leak but feel it would ruin the "experience" for me. 

12 minutes ago, doppers said:

Have listened in the dark to 14 new albums on launch day (3 times before launch day actually!) and can safely say that this is appalling stuff. Lights of home for example is simply embarrassing. It is obvious that this is now just the band playing support to Hewson's egotistical writing.

After 38 years, am still happy to go to concerts but if this is all that they can now write, then keep it to greatest hits and forgotten gems. Stop the embarrassment! ?

I've listened to most of the newly launched U2 in the dark as well........the days when you cracked out the vinyl from it's sleeve with almost a sexual urgency(ha)....... a magical feeling. I miss that.....

So, you think U2's new music is a appalling embarrassment?

Tell me...specifically.....what do you think is missing? or not connecting with you?

Please, I want to hear your thoughts....

I think some of the new songs will be great on the tour. Playing live is one of the strongest U2 assets.

But honestly, few songs on the album are just weak.

I have listened few times now, some songs are growing on me but others are really don't care at all. 

U2 needs to bring Eno and Lanois back. 

Edited by OB

8 minutes ago, OB said:

I think some of the new songs will be great on the tour. Playing live is one of the strongest U2 assets.

But honestly, few songs on the album are just weak.

I have listened few times now, some songs are growing on me but few are just plain very weak. 

U2 needs to bring Eno and Lanois back. 

Growing on you....is the key to any U2 album. They grow and evolve and I don't think I ever got fully committed to a u2 album until 20 listens.....and then, I still find something new or undiscovered.

I can't fully judge the album until I listen...really listen to it.....

Eno and Lanois......maybe they push U2 creatively beyond their comfort zone in a good way....I don't know....

All I am thankful for is U2 is still together/alive and making music

1 minute ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Growing on you....is the key to any U2 album. They grow and evolve and I don't think I ever got fully committed to a u2 album until 20 listens.....and then, I still find something new or undiscovered.

I can't fully judge the album until I listen...really listen to it.....

Eno and Lanois......maybe they push U2 creatively beyond their comfort zone in a good way....I don't know....

All I am thankful for is U2 is still together/alive and making music

No doubt, as far as I remember most U2 albums at first I wasn't impressed and then start to love them. On SOE few tracks I am just not sure.

That said, I agreed that we are blessed as fans on having U2 around after all these years making albums and having tours. I think they will be like the Rolling Stones touring until their late 70's. ;)

3 hours ago, Nickford0074 said:

Thank you for this. I was dumb enough to pre-order the album and now can't enjoy it for a week. I'm tempted to check out the leak but feel it would ruin the "experience" for me. 

I am in the same boat.   I also ordered on pre-order and it only left the US on 29th.  So, my initial listening was via spotify, followed by a download from iTunes (Amazon wouldn't let me because I don't live in the US).   I actually drew this before the release to suggest another "world first release".

5 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I've listened to most of the newly launched U2 in the dark as well........the days when you cracked out the vinyl from it's sleeve with almost a sexual urgency(ha)....... a magical feeling. I miss that.....

So, you think U2's new music is a appalling embarrassment?

Tell me...specifically.....what do you think is missing? or not connecting with you?

Please, I want to hear your thoughts....

Just listen to Lights of Home, American Soul, the Showman ("You look so good" - oh please?), Landlady, The Blackout, they would struggle to get onto any other album including even October, Pop and NLOTH.  Even the stronger tracks are weak enough.  When they finally just do greatest hits tours, there will be precious little from 2017 on it.

they hid disappointing sales of SOI by the apple wheeze but wait to see how low this will be. The tide has gone out and they are left with only Hewson's vast ego to cover their modesty..

Edited by doppers

Take it all back, CD arrived this morning too! Only a day late. 

Today will be about volume control. ;)