This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Why does one always hear, DYFAM, by Simple Minds when Alive and Ticking was also a number one hit in America? I love AAT, especially when the female starts in and that beat gets going again....goosebumps and still a frequent listen for me.

Alive and Kicking is legit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Great to see so many varied opinions about the new album.  They've changed so much over the years that it's interesting to see the opinions of fans of the old stuff, and fans who have adapted to U2's evolving approach to every new release.

I have to say that I thought the album was just decent on Day 1, now I think it's really awesome.  And I'm in the camp that is OK with the fact that it doesn't sound like anything from Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree.  And my four year old daughter actually knows the lyrics to a few of the songs and keeps asking me to play it - so validation that U2 can make brand new fans in 2017!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I have been a fan since I was 11 which was 1987.   I have to say this album is special, and guess what, like most things U2 does, it will take time for it to be appreciated.   Such deep lyrics, beautiful sounds, some really energetic tunes, and sounds that draw from thier past.    Not everyone will agree, and reviews are mixed from the so called experts, but the overwhelming comments from actual listeners are the most positive they have been in years.  That means more than anything.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, smsully said:

How many of you have received your email from Ticketmaster for either a download of CD of the album?....Am I missing something?....I don't see many people complaining, but I assume everyone is just streaming it like me.  Still in all, seems its just another Ticketmaster snafu..

I have received the email for both of the tickets I have bought. I am intrigued to see if I end up getting 2 copies of the CD (I'm thinking that I will - I'll let everyone know)...

On a related front, I have received my pre-sale ticket in the mail today for the first Philadelphia show - so others who got tickets for this show and don't have them yet should watch their mailboxes closely over the next few days.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

My cd is already in the mail and I have a tracking number.  You should get an email a couple days after you bought your ticket.  Yes, I am streaming it.  The cd arrives Monday, December 8, 2017.  I hope it's 2017...it is TM but they were pretty quick with me.

I hope they didn't tell you that because December 8, 2017 is a Friday this year! :lol:

Ticketmaster is trying to mess with calendars now... :o

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, globaltraveler said:

Great to see so many varied opinions about the new album.  They've changed so much over the years that it's interesting to see the opinions of fans of the old stuff, and fans who have adapted to U2's evolving approach to every new release.

I have to say that I thought the album was just decent on Day 1, now I think it's really awesome.  And I'm in the camp that is OK with the fact that it doesn't sound like anything from Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree.  And my four year old daughter actually knows the lyrics to a few of the songs and keeps asking me to play it - so validation that U2 can make brand new fans in 2017!

Ha! My 5 year old loves Blackout and sings along!

• bigwave unfeatured this topic