Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

7 hours ago, Superstar1976 said:

Red flag day has one of my favorite parts of the whole album and reminds me a bit of Sunday bloody Sunday......"there's one word that the sea can't say, is no, nooo, noooooo" . That is epic.

YES!!!  My thoughts exactly!!!

On 12/4/2017 at 6:44 AM, lin said:

Pre ordered new album 2/11 still not arrived I have this every time I order from u2 shop 

I think next time I'll go to record shop to buy

There is no benefit to ordering music from U2.com. In fact, one probably pays more once shipping fees are tacked on.

Buy from a local retailer whenever possible, IMO.

13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I love, love, love the song, And the Band Played On. 

I was always hoping that U2 would invite Simple Minds to be their opening act on a tour.  Imagine that.  Imagine Jim Kerr sharing vocals with Bono on "Alive and Kicking" (which I remember thinking was a new U2 song when it came out).

Edited by Rich T.
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, CNF said:

Wow, just Wow. I am around since Boy in 1980 when I was 20, It's 2017 now, I am 57 years of age  and still can lose myself entirely in an U2 album. How amazing is that fact?! Again you took a different corner musically, raised the bar even higher while I even didn't know this was possible. This is a Big One, no doubt. Thank you Adam. Larry, The Edge, Bono and hands down: you succeeded in giving your ever demanding fans what they seek: our necessary vitamin U-2 . The best years for U2 fans are ahead of us. 

+1

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rich T. said:

I was always hoping that U2 would invite Simple Minds to be their opening act on a tour.  Imagine that.  Imagine Jim Kerr sharing vocals with Bono on "Alive and Kicking" (which I remember thinking was a new U2 song when it came out).

I have been discussing that with a friend for years! There's great audio of them singing together at an early 80's Simple Minds gig on youtube... check it out. 

3 hours ago, enriquediaz said:

There is no benefit to ordering music from U2.com. In fact, one probably pays more once shipping fees are tacked on.

Buy from a local retailer whenever possible, IMO.

I normally wouldn't. With this new verified fan BS and the way other artists are doing it, I took a chance that buying from here might help my chances for ticket verification. Not sure it had anything to do with it, but I was in innocence group and had no problem getting a code or my GA tickets...

Man, took a shot at Boston today...Got in immediately, maybe 7-8 seconds in and NO Ga's...some cheap 41 uppers which are a good value for the casual fan but..even they didn't...I'll just have to start lookin again 7 months from now...There's a bit of time left.

2 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Now I would love that! Simple Minds produced some fantastic songs, Belfast Child was sublime and New Gold Dream one of my all time favourite albums. They played it all between Noel and The boys at Twickenham back in July.....happy days! 

16 minutes ago, KEV ANGELL said:

Now I would love that! Simple Minds produced some fantastic songs, Belfast Child was sublime and New Gold Dream one of my all time favourite albums. They played it all between Noel and The boys at Twickenham back in July.....happy days! 

That's awesome!  

My fantasy is that U2 would start one of their shows with a Simple Minds song, inviting Jim Kerr and some of the others on stage partway through the song,  to then play 2  Simple Minds songs to start the U2 set - all unannounced.  I have strange fantasies.