Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

11 hours ago, JCF said:

Same here. I think you described it well.  I always feel like my face *must* be shining like Moses when he came down from Mt. Sinai, after U2 shows!  It's always a little rough coming back down to Ordinary Time after being in U2 Time for several few days.  

exact thoughts......JCF & MANO.....

U2 is  the pretty much the only band I love unconditionally.....they could do anything, say anything and be anything.....and I WILL FOLLOW.

I've spent "mucho dinero" on them....I didn't have.....and I'd do it all over again.....and they are the ONLY band I would do this for....

And yes.....

After a U2 concert is like coming down from the highest plane......withdrawal from a drug that you didn't know existed.....

U2's music is pure dopamine.....and the closest experience to heaven on earth....

• Like 1

An apology ! And a request for one or more 'free' hands....

I've had moments of being a bit premature in the past and have taken great strides in my younger days to concentrate on baseball stats and the like, to help oddly enough, resolve that little issue. I should know better, practice patience. I was not horrible in my commentaries of the new songs but I definitely was not patient enough to allow the songs to make their way through my skin and towards my heart. Hey, life is a process. Two steps forward, one step back perhaps. I enjoyed the rhythm of GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY, when it was first played here and began feeling hopeful that there might be a few songs on the new disk which resonated for me, if you will.

Received the disk and I love the playful but pointed lyrics in that tune, and many others. On target again. How do you tell people to wake up, which is a tad insulting and yet keep their attention. Brilliantly written and played tune. Thanks U2. Deep breath.

However, U2 - you placed me in an awkward spot....here is my problem with the disk related to their pending tour !

Ahum...cough cough.... I am traveling solo to LV for a run event. When the dates were announced it was a wonderful coincidence that U2 would play that same weekend. A lot of ballads. A lot of sentimentality, which I appreciate, but it requires if we are being honest, a fair amount of cuddling and hand holding. So, for anyone in RZ1 Friday night who feels brave enough, feel free to grab my hand at the right moment. I'll be the guy - alone - with my arms stretched out like an eagle, eyes closed, waiting...I know that seems weird, but look at it as if we were on a flight together and the plane decided to take gravity too seriously. Just don't squeeze that tightly !

Happy daze.

10 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

To be fair Oasis never really hit the big time in the US, which was partly because Liam had a bit of an attitude problem. To be honest my interest in Oasis only goes as far as their first 2 albums, but I love Noel's High Flying Birds stuff.

Same here.  The U2/Oasis shows in Oakland were when the second Oasis album had come out.  It was an awesome show.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:20 PM, JCF said:

So obnoxious...I wrote something like "while other pre-teens like myself are into Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, I prefer the deeper sounds of U2."  LOL!

Hey!  NO knocking Debbie Gibson or Tiffany!  haha

What you wrote and I quoted is very funny.  I'm still laughing.  Thank you.

22 hours ago, bettydalton said:

I actually do think onerepublic is a boyband. Boybands can make great songs too. I have seen ryan tedder live on a festival and it is perfect music for crowdsinging. Really lovely songs. But U2 is NOT a boyband in my opinion and should stay far away from such a sound. It's got nothing to do with rock and roll. Keep ryan tedder as far away as possible from u2 in the future

We are all free to think what we want.  I was respectfully disagreeing and being honest.  One Republic is no boy band.  I used many favors to take two girls to see ' NSync at their height.  We were right by the stage. I was about to endure 20,000 screaming girls and it was even worse than I'd imagined it would be.  It's the only time I've wished I had something to protect my ears at a concert.  Boybands can have good songs.  For each good song by a boyband there are a hundred other bad ones.  It's not about the music. It's about them being cute.  They are marketed as being cute to little girls.  There are toy dolls and stickers and lunch boxes.

I've seen One Republic live many times.  I saw them twice this last Summer.  You don't have to like them, but just like U2,...they are not a boyband.  They are impeccable musicians. Ryan Tedder can play the piano and sing live like nobody I've seen save Elton John.  There was no crowd singing.  Even had there been...what's wrong with it?  Have you seen U2 live?  The crowd sings even when they are not prompted to do so.  There are no toy dolls.  One Republic does a lot for good causes just like U2.  They support very good organizations which help people.

I do think your, 'perfect music for crowdsinging', and 'Really lovely songs.', were both quite funny in their own patronizing nature.  You even used the upper case! Thanks for the laugh. The beauty of this is we can disagree and I could not disagree more.  Can we agree to disagree and leave it at that?  I'm sorry you don't like whatever it is you don't like on the new cd.  You seem to be in the minority.  I'd give it another few rounds.  It really grows on people who initially didn't like it at all.  It seems like you want the old producers/sound and it's not what they are about right now.  Great bands evolve and change.  That does not mean you are wrong for not liking U2 using however many producers. Please do not diminish said producers' talent because you are unhappy with SOE.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

exact thoughts......JCF & MANO.....

U2 is  the pretty much the only band I love unconditionally.....they could do anything, say anything and be anything.....and I WILL FOLLOW.

I've spent "mucho dinero" on them....I didn't have.....and I'd do it all over again.....and they are the ONLY band I would do this for....

And yes.....

After a U2 concert is like coming down from the highest plane......withdrawal from a drug that you didn't know existed.....

U2's music is pure dopamine.....and the closest experience to heaven on earth....

A Miracle......A Miracle Drug.  I love that song.

So when a person wrongly quotes someone in the forums,and was made aware of it,should they delete it,apologize,ignore it and continue posting on the topic?

The correct internet etiquette would be to blame someone else for something unrelated, flame them in a personal manner, and then never revisit the subject of your mis-quote.

• Thanks 1

This album is just great start to finish, the track order chosen is perfect. Really getting into Red Flag Day right now, I think it will be fantastic live....

Can't wait for Chicago and LV shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Am enjoying listening to SOE... there's always (so far) more to hear, the more one listens ...  “The days of our lives are numbered. We know that. Yes, there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It’s called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. For that I am grateful.“ –Elizabeth Edwards. ..... this quote was passed on to me by a dear friend who has since passed on.

12/21/17:  'Funny... now that I am COMPLETELY fed up with all the ordering snaffu's re: trying to give a friend a gift subscription to U2.com,  I have NO patience left and I'm living without hope of ever resolving that issue or any others re: ordering ANYthing from U2.com,   where there are too many problems, too little time for me to resolve them.  U2 makes great music, but their business end needs straightening out.

Edited by hillpy2
'up-date...
  • Like 1