This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

hope3702

• Subscriber
On 3/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, economicformula said:

have to  make sense most of each day, and just wanted a short break of incoherent gibberish !

I need a day that is not incoherent gibberish  !     j/k   There is a degree of humorous truth to my statement.   Throw some of that sense over the Atlantic toward Lake Michigan if you have a moment.  Our 'experiences' seem to be similar but different.  

• Subscriber
On 3/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, dmway said:

ZooTV completely reinvented the stage show

I think it set the bar of definition for outdoor, large scale rock shows.   

On 3/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, dmway said:

I don't think U2 would be letting that news get out if it weren't true

I was wondeirng about that as well.  Nobody has said anything against the rumor of holograms.  I have a gut feeling this show is going to be even more innovative that the last one.  I think they are going to blow us away.  I'm not sure how I'm going to not know on May 22.  I'm very thankful it's not months into the tour before my shows.  Once they are over I'll be bummed they are not months away, but such is life.  Holograms?   How?  Are they going to be 30 feet tall so everyone can see them?  Augmented reality....tell me someone didn't have a chuckle over how much that phrase would be  f#$king with our heads' imaginations.amidst out pretour excitement.  :blink:  I love it.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Nobody has said anything against the rumor of holograms.  I have a gut feeling this show is going to be even more innovative that the last one.  I think they are going to blow us away.  I'm not sure how I'm going to not know on May 22.  I'm very thankful it's not months into the tour before my shows.  Once they are over I'll be bummed they are not months away, but such is life.  Holograms?   How?  Are they going to be 30 feet tall so everyone can see them?  Augmented reality....tell me someone didn't have a chuckle over how much that phrase would be  f#$king with our heads' imaginations.amidst out pretour excitement.  :blink:  I love it.

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing, and the stage on the last tour was great! I think they get off on the challenge of - not so much outdoing the previous tour (which may not always be possible, e.g., how do you outdo ZooTV?) - maintaining the level of excellence while providing something unique. I expect them to succeed again on this tour (and all future tours).

Yes, I'm happy it's not too much longer to wait either. I think I'll be living here for the months of May and June just to get all the info I can on the tour. :D What will get me over the time after the shows pass is the fact that they'll be back next year - hopefully with an increased ticket allotment for U2.com members...*ahem*...

Bring on the tour! B)

• Subscriber
Just now, dmway said:

What will get me over the time after the shows pass is the fact that they'll be back next year - hopefully with an increased ticket allotment for U2.com members..

Think the tour will return?  The giddy fan in me has already leapt to hoping for it too!  The last staging was awesome.  It was brilliant.  They were accessible to as many people as possible.  They were in the screen, for gosh sake.  Nobody had ever done that; leave alone indooors.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Think the tour will return?  The giddy fan in me has already leapt to hoping for it too!  The last staging was awesome.  It was brilliant.  They were accessible to as many people as possible.  They were in the screen, for gosh sake.  Nobody had ever done that; leave alone indooors.

Yes - IMHO, this has the possibility of being a lengthy tour. I'm thinking possibly U2360 lengthy.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Think the tour will return?  

There is definitely potential for this to be the case. With all the work and production put into the highly successful i+e tour I was surprised that it only visited North America and Europe. 

I would speculate that after the initial two legs of e+i it will visit the southern hemisphere before returning for another run in Europe and North America, but perhaps not earlier than 2020 to allow demand to grow again.

Furthermore I predict that ticket prices will remain at the current level and not increase. The amount of unsold seats at venues currently speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

"Touch me to see if I'm real".........a sentiment that undoubtedly would be said by a sensitive hologram.

If you recall that lyric from an '80's band that was held back a bit because of their name, you might also speculate that when the tour hits the US, Dear Leader will be tweeting that U2 did the same and, in addition, "have no talent". "Losers".

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, economicformula said:

"Touch me to see if I'm real".........a sentiment that undoubtedly would be said by a sensitive hologram.

If you recall that lyric from an '80's band that was held back a bit because of their name, you might also speculate that when the tour hits the US, Dear Leader will be tweeting that U2 did the same and, in addition, "have no talent". "Losers".

Congratulations on your 1000 U2 post and happy easter to all U2 fans all over the world..   ?

Edited by Njord69
  • Like 2

• Subscriber

I tried creating a "new topic" but it didn't work....  What about that photo on the SOE Album cover?! -  I know (now) who they are, but why and why are they portrayed as if in a mug shot and their clothes remind me of old Italian burial outfits?!....   any thoughts out there about it?

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, hillpy2 said:

I tried creating a "new topic" but it didn't work....  What about that photo on the SOE Album cover?! -  I know (now) who they are, but why and why are they portrayed as if in a mug shot and their clothes remind me of old Italian burial outfits?!....   any thoughts out there about it?

Actually, I'm glad you didn't make a new thread - your post is perfect here! :)

I have thought about that as well, i.e., why this picture for this album. OK - here are some ideas; I have no idea if they are what the band thought at the time. Last album had Larry's son with Larry protecting him (protecting the innocent, as it were), so obviously a continuing theme is here with the offspring of Bono and The Edge; no protecting parents this time, though - it'll be interesting to see if Adam's son makes the cover next time. For SOI, Larry's son is unclothed (at least on top), naked to the world; for SOE, the couple is clothed but still has bare feet - perhaps suggesting that even in the experience accrued as life goes on, there is still the original vulnerability.

Two echoes of old U2 themes in the SOE picture - you have a boy and a girl (reminiscent of their song "Boy/Girl"), and The Edge's daughter is wearing the helmet (perhaps the same one as the boy on "Boy" and "War") that we see on U2's first Best Of (1980-90). The blows of experience demanding protection, so to speak.

That's all I have come up with so far - it's not much, but I bet at least some of this is on the right track...

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

• bigwave unfeatured this topic