Jump to content

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tending to agree. I recall in my late teens - this band released 'The Joshua Tree'. I recall hearing the first single lifted off the album - it was called 'With or Without You' (i know you know),

Lifelong fan and I can’t stop with the new songs. All of them are very solid. Blackout is fantastic so is Get out of your own way  into American Soul. Put in the amazing The Little Things That Give Yo

Any honest opinion is obviously legitimate , but one aspect of this album which I think is undeniable, is that it is an incredibly thoughtful album. It's incredibly honest, nuanced in some metaph

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, katiemai said:

that was an excellent article - perfect in fact

 

It is a very good article.  I could not remember it so I scrolled d up and saw the Take That pic above your post. Not even light filtering glasses can diminish the lighting behind that image from burning holes in my head.  haha  The guy in the middle of the pic better be hoping that's mithril steel if he's not already a soprano.  ?    

I liked the part where Adam talks about COBL taking on a new dimension and mentioned Streets. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 6/18/2018 at 11:37 PM, dmway said:

What struck me about the setlist so far is how well thought out it is - the flow from one song to the next is brilliant.

I'm noticing this more and more as I listen to the live shows.  I hope you had a great time at the show earlier this evening. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It is a very good article.  I could not remember it so I scrolled d up and saw the Take That pic above your post. Not even light filtering glasses can diminish the lighting behind that image from burning holes in my head.  haha  The guy in the middle of the pic better be hoping that's mithril steel if he's not already a soprano.  ?    

I liked the part where Adam talks about COBL taking on a new dimension and mentioned Streets. 

Agreed; The COBL for Streets was a good substitue, esp in NYC, and it filled that place for me; i also liked the part where the two of them talked about finding common ground and appealing to the better nature of everyone - so much for those who think it's "too political"!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
33 minutes ago, katiemai said:

Agreed; The COBL for Streets was a good substitue, esp in NYC, and it filled that place for me; i also liked the part where the two of them talked about finding common ground and appealing to the better nature of everyone - so much for those who think it's "too political"!

I say nothing that others have not already said with the following:  Too political yet it's common sense.  Politics divide.  I'm tired of it.  One rushes in only to be swept out by the other.  The same fucking song keeps skipping and skipping; no matter which direction the vinyl spins.  

I am stealing a bit from Del Amitri so props to that band and song.  I still listen to Nothing Ever Happens on a regular basis.  It's had a huge impact on my life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Goodbye America, hello the not so united states of Europe lol - in a few weeks. I can't be arsed with the political references anymore - since 'FUCK THE REVOLUTION' after the Enniskillen bombing in 1987, I doubt they'll ever reach those dizzy heights of justified abhorrence again.

U2 is about the music. I'm liking the set lists thus far, if not loving them - hoping for some minor changes, but dont expect wholesale anymore. It's a production these days.

Give the band credit though - still touring, original line up - that is magnificent.

 

Turn the lights on Willie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I wonder what whether the storytelling/thematic/political element will change a bit in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if Macphisto had some choice words about Brexit at shows on the continent, although I guess in the UK where it's obviously a more sensitive and divisive issue they'd refer more to things happening in America as they did in Canada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, peterferris8 said:

I wonder what whether the storytelling/thematic/political element will change a bit in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if Macphisto had some choice words about Brexit at shows on the continent, although I guess in the UK where it's obviously a more sensitive and divisive issue they'd refer more to things happening in America as they did in Canada.

U2 have never hidden behind their beliefs, they have always said and done what they think sometimes for the best and sometimes not. Doubt Macphisto will hold back on Brexit if he doesn’t like it ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...