Do you know why fans complain and are disappointed with presale?

• Subscriber

A lot of complaints on U2.com, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Why? Scalpers and bots have been holding a lot of tickets for so long.  Some fans thought that it was just bad luck or a bad system...scalpers are the ones that got your tickets for years!

We, U2 and fans, have to address this...when I hear: tickets, tickets when I go by a venue my blood boils and I answer: You can not afford my tickets because to a fan...tickets are not paper to be sold at an exaggerated price...they are an experience with U2...nothing compares to that evening.

Some fans think that U2 created this? Of course not this has been going on for a long time...before U2.

It is easy to blame the no.1 band in the world band in the world right now because they are at the top.

You are getting older and your priorities have changed...fine that does happen, but that does not mean that the band has changed it's philosophy. It means that you are just following the 'you are older so you should act that way and not this way'. Do not blame U2...question your decisions...They are fighting scalpers and bots...you do not understand...ok, but can you blame them for doing so? No. Because everything is a question of decisions. Stand up for U2 and for yourself...decisions need to be made. We are the future! Peace out and I will never stop believing in my Faith and in U2.

Love you fans whatever you do. 

Manon

XXXX

Edited by manon amos
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest scalper in all this is U2 and their promoter.  $325 for upper level seats? lmao..  Renew your fan club early for $40 for 2 tickets, and then be told sorry, you didn't win the lottery.  I d

I blame the people who buy from scalpers or resale sites. If people boycotted them then there is no business model.

If U2 genuinely cared for the fans, they wouldnt of chosen verified fan for the fan club members and given members access to a 4 ticket limit to start. citibank shouldve been given a 2 ticket lim

• Subscriber

I think the complaints are because the website encouraged people to renew early to secure access to the presale (which I can understand if people had used presale access for JT30) but then denied them the opportunity to take part in the presale because it now appears that only a proportion of subscribers, decided by lottery, were ever going to be given codes. Which was a fundamental change to the arrangements that have applied for every other tour but was not pointed out when people were being asked to renew, instead it was buried in ambiguous wording deep in the FAQs.  And then even those who were allocated codes often received them too late to have a chance to go for the tickets they want.  Oh, and there have been significant price hikes compared to i+e just two years ago, with what would usually be mid range seats now on sale at top prices and even restricted view seats going for well over $100 once fees etc are factored in.  Given that the system has also been incredibly complicated and appears to have totally failed in its stated intention of getting more tickets directly to the real fans I think it's entirely understandable that many people think it's been a shambles.

• Subscriber

The biggest scalper in all this is U2 and their promoter.  $325 for upper level seats? lmao..  Renew your fan club early for $40 for 2 tickets, and then be told sorry, you didn't win the lottery.  I don't know how some of you can be so delusional.  Wake up.  The "we're fighting scalpers for you" thing is a joke of a stance when you look at how much the band, themselves, are charging for tickets almost anywhere half decent with an unobstructed view.  Hell, over $100 for obstructed seats behind the stage is ridiculous.  The whole verified thing is a ploy by Ticketmaster to promote their new company slogan.  U2 basically said, if you can't beat em, join em.

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, lmnoiu said:

The biggest scalper in all this is U2 and their promoter.  $325 for upper level seats? lmao..  Renew your fan club early for $40 for 2 tickets, and then be told sorry, you didn't win the lottery.  I don't know how some of you can be so delusional.  Wake up.  The "we're fighting scalpers for you" thing is a joke of a stance when you look at how much the band, themselves, are charging for tickets almost anywhere half decent with an unobstructed view.  Hell, over $100 for obstructed seats behind the stage is ridiculous.  The whole verified thing is a ploy by Ticketmaster to promote their new company slogan.  U2 basically said, if you can't beat em, join em.

There is a two (2) ticket purchase limit for the subscriber presale. Participation in the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale is NOT chosen by lottery. This should be written in your account info...the lottery is a lie!

• Subscriber

If U2 genuinely cared for the fans, they wouldnt of chosen verified fan for the fan club members and given members access to a 4 ticket limit to start.

citibank shouldve been given a 2 ticket limit verified system and do the verified system for people not with the fan club. Giving your true fans access first should be the priority, do the verified system for everyone else. Your loyal fans shouldnt be jumping through hoops or have to deal with a 2 ticket limit

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Clear31 said:

If U2 genuinely cared for the fans, they wouldnt of chosen verified fan for the fan club members and given members access to a 4 ticket limit to start.

citibank shouldve been given a 2 ticket limit verified system and do the verified system for people not with the fan club. Giving your true fans access first should be the priority, do the verified system for everyone else. Your loyal fans shouldnt be jumping through hoops or have to deal with a 2 ticket limit

Some suddenly become subscribers and they are scalpers...they do that every presale...there probably the ones complaining the most on the site!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, manon amos said:

Some suddenly become subscribers and they are scalpers...they do that every presale...there probably the ones complaining the most on the site!

You had longtime fans though that have been fan club members for years that did not get access to tickets. That is wrong

The verified system is ridiculously stupid. Scalpers can easily get past that, if scalpers are gonna go through though and buy 40 memberships, so they can buy 80 tickets, thats on them.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Clear31 said:

You had longtime fans though that have been fan club members for years that did not get access to tickets. That is wrong

The verified system is ridiculously stupid. Scalpers can easily get past that, if scalpers are gonna go through though and buy 40 memberships, so they can buy 80 tickets, thats on them.

40 Memberships x $50 = $2,000

80 Tickets x $330 = $26,400

Cost = $28,400

Sell 80 Tix x $600 = $48,000

payday just under $20,000?!

Maybe I should be a scalper!? <_<

Edited by U2FanInVT
posted too quickly!
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, U2FanInVT said:

40 Memberships x $50 = $2,000

80 Tickets x $400 = $32,000

Maybe I should be a scalper!? <_<

whatever works for them

I personally don't do it but I won't knock it. Scalpers have been around forever and that won't change. The problem is at the end of the day paying these scalpers and stubhub prices.