The Elephant in the room - the GA queue !

4 minutes ago, james busick said:

The venues ALWAYS end up endorsing the fan-run line, so it comes down to join it or go to the end of it.

Not always.  They didn't on the JT tour.  But I agree, it happens most times and that is a big part of the problem, as highlighted many times on this forum.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My experience from the 2015 and 2017 tours is that a select few fans manipulated the system to allow themselves prime positions in line without actually having to wait in line, going against previousl

Even though you "politely" pass people who have been waiting for hours, this pretty much makes you a dick.

I think it's fair to say that some people see the fan run queues as being 'cliques' that have a perception of being unfair.  Not everyone knows how to join the fan run queues or has the desire or incl

Posted Images

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, afg said:

Not always.  They didn't on the JT tour.  But I agree, it happens most times and that is a big part of the problem, as highlighted many times on this forum.

At the end of the day, I think the venues couldn't care less about what is fair.  They just want to do whatever is easiest for them.  When they see a line of several hundred people already formed prior to their "official" lineup time, the easiest thing for them to do is just go ahead and move that line to the official spot.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, afg said:

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure they did. At least, at the shows I attended in the US northeast, they did.  

• Subscriber
On 5/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, james busick said:

At the end of the day, I think the venues couldn't care less about what is fair.  They just want to do whatever is easiest for them.  When they see a line of several hundred people already formed prior to their "official" lineup time, the easiest thing for them to do is just go ahead and move that line to the official spot

I don't want to get involved in the argument.  I emphatically stated my views.  The venues are generally not responsible for the GA line yet send security because nobody else is doing it.  Remember that the venues rent to the promoters.  The promoters set the rules, not the venues.

• Subscriber

Well having attended the Las Vegas shows and doing GA for Saturday I still feel that fan run 'queues' are not the way GA entry should be done.  Mr Oseary indicated a willingness to engage with fans some months ago and this is one area that might benefit from such engagement.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dermo said:

Well having attended the Las Vegas shows and doing GA for Saturday I still feel that fan run 'queues' are not the way GA entry should be done.  Mr Oseary indicated a willingness to engage with fans some months ago and this is one area that might benefit from such engagement.

AGREED

• Subscriber

At SAP Center in San Jose, they gave out wristbands.  I always thought that was the best way for the GA line.  Everyone gets a wristband, they can stay at the venue or leave, and the come back a couple of hours before the doors opened.  There wasn't any argument about who got there first or situations where one guy was holding spots for 10 other people who showed up at 5:00 pm.  I've seen that before and it got a little ugly.

In San Jose, everyone was cool--no attitudes or animosity.  Event staff was professional, courteous and did a nice job marshalling people along.  We arrived at SAP at 9:00 am and there were about 200 people ahead of us.  But, we still got a spot in the rail.  By the time the doors opened, there were a few hundred people behind us. 

I've never liked the No Wristband system.  It made it so much easier for people to get into it with each other.  I remember the 360 Tour in Oakland.  This is one couple literally held 10 spots for there friends.  It generated so much frustration and tension in the line.