• Subscriber

so far this tour, his voice sounds great but his energy seems to be missing.  I know it will never be the 80/90's Bono again but I am kinda surprised because I hadn't noticed it as much on the JTT.  

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think new songs are just fine. Crowd goes up while they play Blackout, Lights, Red Flag or American Soul...they get things going up with those songs. But I may be wrong, I was in GA LA1 so the vibe

2 albums and 3 straight tours in 3 years can do that i guess.    

Plus a really bad bike accident and a near-death experience. I think life has taken its toll on him and he's accepted he isn't a spring chicken anymore.

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Plus a really bad bike accident and a near-death experience. I think life has taken its toll on him and he's accepted he isn't a spring chicken anymore.

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

He looks old beyond his years. Not sure if it’s too much hard living or not ageing particularly well or an underlying medical condition.

he is approaching 60 now. 

on the contrary the other 3 look great!  Especially Larry .

• Subscriber

Yep, the man is 58. For me Bono is the beauty and the vocalist and the voice

one of the best ever and will be, a wonder, wonderful

and maybe I am just shallow but U2 for me was all about bono yes the music and the band but that ALL in him before 50 it was just beyoud and yes, we all grow old it is ok but with your idols it is something very different 

saw that tiredness in the Innocence tour it is ok but cos I cannot get it into my head this gap I cherish my mistake and the band forever and leave it behind (unless they come around) but not the music and not him and his agenda and ideas ever which have meant a world for me and so many music lovers "oh my love! oh my love! oh my love! oh my love!"

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

He does look a bit old (lines on his face), as he turns 58 tomorrow, but his intensity is there when he is singing.  I had a great first-hand observation in San Jose (met him before the show, and stood against the rail close to him as he sang).

In fact, this is sort of random, but I find that all 4 guys in U2 look like action heroes come to life, because they're dressed for their parts and their images are so familiar that when you meet them, it's like meeting cartoon cutouts.

Edited by Rich T.
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
23 hours ago, Rich T. said:

He does look a bit old (lines on his face), as he turns 58 tomorrow, but his intensity is there when he is singing.  I had a great first-hand observation in San Jose (met him before the show, and stood against the rail close to him as he sang).

In fact, this is sort of random, but I find that all 4 guys in U2 look like action heroes come to life, because they're dressed for their parts and their images are so familiar that when you meet them, it's like meeting cartoon cutouts.

Thanks for sharing Rich!