U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, edfelt said:

Any likelihood a few U2 fanclub members might be invited?  I'd certainly get to NYC if U2 decides I'm a likely candidate!!!

When The Police were on their reunion tour in 2007-08, my friend and I won a ticket lottery run by The Police website/fanclub for a show at the Apollo Theater - it actually was a taping of an interview which ended up on TV. The interviewer was Elvis Costello. They did play a few songs as well.

Since SiriusXM is running this, I am highly dubious that we would get a shot for tickets here - but I am now formally inviting U2.com to prove me wrong! :D (Please prove me wrong...)

I am hopeful that other opportunities like this will be open to everyone here - I suspect there will be.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My. Husband. Just. Called. In. And. Was. Caller. 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE’RE GOING TO THE APOLLO!!!! I can’t believe it - holy s*it we’re going.  Calling in works!! 

I got the golden ticket through the Sirius XM random drawing!!!  I'm still in total shock!!!  I must have re-read the email 100 times to make sure it was real.  I'm so glad they're opening it up to th

Hi everyone, I was caller 10 this morning!  I was home listening on the app on my phone.  As soon as I heard it started playing, I called.  The first time, after about 10 seconds of silence, I hung up

Posted Images

• Subscriber

These Sirius concerts at the Apollo have very limited space. Only a handful of people will actually win tix. The rest are celebrities and sirius employees. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Subscriber

I like they are playing the Apollo.  I don't like having to subscribe to something else to be able to listen.  It's why I no longer have cable.  I'm tired of paying for things which should be free.  Just my opinion.  I don't think Sirius is worth the money.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I like they are playing the Apollo.  I don't like having to subscribe to something else to be able to listen.  It's why I no longer have cable.  I'm tired of paying for things which should be free.  Just my opinion.  I don't think Sirius is worth the money.

I'm not criticizing the band.  I think wifi/internet access should be free as well.  That is what I mean.  I think it's great they are doing this.  I'd love to see or even hear it.  I'm not paying as radio should be free.  That's all I mean.

• Subscriber

I'm a subscriber and I love Sirius - better than terrestrial radio for sure (no commercials for one thing which is where the "paying for it" comes into play - unless you're listening to Howard Stern or the few other talk radio channels who do run advertising) and the programming is fantastic. That being said, I get not wanting to pay for it - it's not cheap. I have the streaming only package so I can listen no matter where I am via the app which I believe is cheaper than running it through a car that has satellite radio capabilities. They do run free trials where you can listen for free for a week here and there and I think one is running right now if you wanted to check it out.

I've won Sirius contests in the past so that will either hurt me, help me or do neither, ha!

• Subscriber

From the way I read it, only ONE person wins the prize with the trip and the tickets, but I don't see anything else about anyone else just winning tickets, so I do think our chances are slim....unless you listen to Stern and get them from his show, I guess.