Sign in to follow this  
U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

15 hours ago, soph123 said:

Thinking the same. I'm off that day.

Ditto.  It doesn't sound like the venue will be at capacity so maybe after they set up everything they may realize a few more can squeeze in???  Or at least in the event of last minute no-shows...?  I'm being really optimistic but hey a gal can dream can't she??

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Sirius has an event team, they are often at concerts and sports events to try to attract new subs.

I only know about it because my wife worked there

Ah OK, good point about them having tents at these events... 

3 hours ago, afg said:

Who says U2 fans are obsessed? ?

I have absolutely no idea how you might get that impression or come to that conclusion ?

2 hours ago, soph123 said:

Not gonna lie. I've been thinking of doing the same thing. My local Best Buy doesn't have it in stock though. Same device too. 

I did get this at Best Buy. They were out of the version that had the receiver and the home kit bundled together so I bought the version that had the receiver bundled with the vehicle kit and then bought the home kit separate. I figured it should work no problem and it did. I am already a Sirius subscriber so I called them and told them I simply wanted to test out having Sirius in my home and asked them if they could give me a 2 week trial and they did.

3 hours ago, popfly said:

So I decided to take Sirius' advice. Rather than sit in my car for the entire day in 95 degree weather I opted to purchase a satellite radio receiver for my home. The satellite home receiver IS in sync with my car while the app is still is delayed by 2min 38 seconds. (see photo) Finally solved the lag issue.

Crossing my fingers that this works. I woke up round 6:20am MST today and looked at the receiver and they literally were playing AOH at that exact moment. (That really is the story of my life...just missing the moment by seconds to minutes) I tried calling in several times but didn't get through. I was told at the store that I have 2 weeks to return it if it doesn't work out. ;)

20180606_191816_001_1528334359261.jpg

The irony of the song name on the left...

• Haha 2
  • Brilliant 1

7 hours ago, famami said:

Wow, congrats.  How did you find out? email?  Are you a Sirius XM winner or U2.com winner?

7 hours ago, famami said:

Wow, congrats.  How did you find out? email?  Are you a Sirius XM winner or U2.com winner?

Which contest did you win?  u2.com or Sirius? How did u find out???

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, lukylsp said:

We got the final confirmation email as well - I re-read it 10 times! :) At least a few of us here are getting in!

Which contests did you guys win? Sirius radio or u2.com?

AOH (tricky, tricky....live version!) just after 4pm and I was using the radio. I noticed the app was well behind as others have noted. I couldn’t get through. I also tried all the way through Surrender just in case they were taking the app lag into consideration and delaying answering. I think I’m overthinking this ??? 

MUST. WIN.....MUST. WINNNNNNNNN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1