U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

• Community Moderator
5 hours ago, soey said:

Does anyone knows if there will be a livestream?

At this moment, there isn't any indication there will be a livestream for this event...

Also for non-subscribers of Sirius?

In the event that there is a livestream... very unlikely...

Also for outside US?

In the event that there is a livestream... even more unlikely...

• Sad 1
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My. Husband. Just. Called. In. And. Was. Caller. 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE’RE GOING TO THE APOLLO!!!! I can’t believe it - holy s*it we’re going.  Calling in works!! 

I got the golden ticket through the Sirius XM random drawing!!!  I'm still in total shock!!!  I must have re-read the email 100 times to make sure it was real.  I'm so glad they're opening it up to th

Hi everyone, I was caller 10 this morning!  I was home listening on the app on my phone.  As soon as I heard it started playing, I called.  The first time, after about 10 seconds of silence, I hung up

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 5/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, lukylsp said:

That being said, I get not wanting to pay for it - it's not cheap.

There you have it, at least for me.  I'm already paying almost $70 a month for internet.  Add Netflix and HBO and it all gets to be too much money.  I had to draw the line or I would not be going to so many concerts.  It's a choice.  I'm not anti-Sirius.  I just don't want to have to pay for it.  

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

I understand that this was business decision, yet I am disappointed that the general fan base does not have an opportunity to see them by purchasing tickets - especially in my case (it has been my dream to see them there).  The farthest I've traveled to see U2 is Montreal, but ironically, I cannot see them Harlem at the Apollo, and I grew up not to far from there.  ?

Edited by angelofharlem4u2
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Manohlive said:
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, Manohlive said:

Apollo.  I don't like having to subscribe to something else to be able to listen.  It's why I no longer have cable.  I'm tired of paying for things which should be free.  Just my opinion.  I don't think Sirius is worth the money.

I'm not criticizing the band.  I think wifi/internet access should

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm not criticizing the band.  I think wifi/internet access should be free as well.  That is what I mean.  I think it's great they are doing this.  I'd love to see or even hear it.  I'm not paying as radio should be free.  That's all I mean.

Do you work for free?  Why should radio stations and ISPs work for you for free?

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

This event appears to be for those who are likely highly privileged.  I understand that this was business decision, yet I am disappointed that the general fan base does not have an opportunity to see them - especially in my case (it has been my dream to see them there).  The farthest I've traveled to see U2 is Montreal, but ironically, I cannot see them Harlem at the Apollo, and I grew up not to far from there.  ?

Privileged?

The general fan base that subscribes to Sirius can win tickets by listening to the U2 station or by entering online for the grand prize which is tickets and transport to the show.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, soey said:

Does anyone knows if there will be a livestream? Also for non-subscribers of Sirius? Also for outside US?

Nope, show is for subscribers only.

Sure someone in audience will tape it and post it online

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

This event appears to be for those who are likely highly privileged.  I understand that this was business decision, yet I am disappointed that the general fan base does not have an opportunity to see them - especially in my case (it has been my dream to see them there).  The farthest I've traveled to see U2 is Montreal, but ironically, I cannot see them Harlem at the Apollo, and I grew up not to far from there.  ?

If your company that you work for holds a holiday party, should people who dont work there be invited? Sirius is holding the event and U2 is the entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Do you work for free?  Why should radio stations and ISPs work for you for free?

Those are good questions.  I have worked for free many times.  That does not mean someone else should., however; many do.  I'm not attacking this.  I'm stating my opinion.  I think it's cool they are doing this.  I'm not asking anyone to work for free.  I'm saying I'm not willing to pay for everything.  This is one of those things for which I'm not willing to pay.  I buy the cds, etc.  Internet being free is for people who cannot afford or access it.  I'm not talking about me.  I'm talking about those who go without because they are struggling.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
42 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Nope, show is for subscribers only.

Sure someone in audience will tape it and post it online

hopefully - thank you