The World Cup Thread

xrayjets

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Turnips 2 Swedes 0. Do I not like That?No! England have far exceeded expectations, have a likeable manager, and whilst I don’t think are better than France or Belgium,  have every chance of Winning this. Well done boys , whatever happens from now on you have done England (and those of us is the rest of the U.K. who aren’t Anyone but England types) Proud.

Well said. Before this tournament, I'd have been happy with us reaching the knock-out stages or quarter final. This afternoon, I couldn't believe the result. England. In a World Cup semi-final. 

I was 6 years old when Italia 90 happened and can't remember it. The first World Cup I properly remember and took any interest in was USA 94, when England weren't there. I've never seen us get this far in a World Cup before. Southgate has done a great job. 

And well done Croatia too. ITV have Slaven Bilic as one of their pundit team - his nerves must have been shredded during that shoot-out! 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, pollyanna said:

OK... we lost, tomorrow is a new day ?

Exactly Pollyanna! The fact that football brings the world together should be celebrated. Give it your best shot and leave with your head held high. Football should never be an outlet for violence or racism

sweden have been amazing. You all should be proud of them!

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Exactly Pollyanna! The fact that football brings the world together should be celebrated. Give it your best shot and leave with your head held high. Football should never be an outlet for violence or racism

sweden have been amazing. You all should be proud of them!

Thank you :wub: I'm actually Icelandic and the Icelandic team and fans have been amazing, even though it didn't go so well this time........(I'm Swedish too so that's my second team :))

• bigwave unfeatured this topic