The best way to sell tickets.

u2zoo24

The best way to sell concert tickets is the way it used to be done. If you loved the band you lined up for a day and a half. You got good tickets because youwere first in line. Think about it. If you love a band you would camp out for them. If you don't then you can have the lower grade tickets.

The old system may have had people standing around on street corners but it was fair.

The best tickets went to the people who wanted them most. The die hard fans. I think most people would argue that they can't afford to be missing work toline up for tickets. The solution is simple. Tickets for large events always go on sale on a Sunday afternoon. That way you have all weekend to line up and gethome on time for work monday morning. Two tickets per person. No more. I miss the old way. I got to hang out with like minded U2 fans smoke pot and get drunkon the sidewalk. Ahh Youth.

Who agrees that we should go back to the old way?

Kristaps wrote:

Em... nope. I like the way I buy tickets - online.

It is the most convienent way of buying tickets no doubt. It is also the reason scalpers and these scumbag ticket re-sale companies are getting a hold of somany tickets nowadays.

Probably shouldn't be going on the official website and admit to smoking pot and drinking on street corners. Not the brightest move I've ever seen.

Shame on you, U2zoo24.

Seriously though, this is 2009 - it's one thing queuing up all day for the gig itself but madness to do it for tickets.

Some people queued all night for Croke Park and didn't get tickets - I feel sorry for them but people should join the 21st century.

ONE01 wrote:

Probably shouldn't be going on the official website and admit to smoking pot and drinking on street corners. Not the brightest move I've ever seen.

Shame on you, U2zoo24.

Seriously though, this is 2009 - it's one thing queuing up all day for the gig itself but madness to do it for tickets.

Some people queued all night for Croke Park and didn't get tickets - I feel sorry for them but people should join the 21st century.

Where i live it is not illegal to possess marijuana for personal use. Up to 14 grams is permitted by law. Secondly i was reffering to when i was19-20 years old. I'm 34 now. Not really getting drunk and high in the streets anymore. Don't think my kids would appreciate that. Besides i don'tthink my habits are cutting into U2's alcohol and marijuana sales. (unlike illegal downloading).

On subject:

The internet has allowed scalpers and ticket agencies access to thousands of tickets they would have never had access to before. A scalper gets a bunch of hiscredit cards and his friends credit cards together and goes online and orders 40-50 tickets. Then sells those tickets to die hard fans who are willing to bescalped out of love of thier band. That same love could see them lining up all night and getting primo tickets at face value.

Sorry for being cheeky, apology in other thread!

I certainly see what you're saying and why it would be a better idea - but I think the band should be able to figure out a better and more convenient waythat people having to sleep rough. Maybe just because I'm English, we hate queuing!

ONE01 wrote:

Sorry for being cheeky, apology in other thread!

I certainly see what you're saying and why it would be a better idea - but I think the band should be able to figure out a better and more convenient way that people having to sleep rough. Maybe just because I'm English, we hate queuing!

I did go a little over the top with the "thief" comment (it's been removed). But again it's about respect to this band we loveso much.

I don't think lining up all night in the streets is the best method but theses aftermarket itcket sales and scalpers have gotten way out of hand. Somethinghas to be done to see that the fans get the good seats. Maybe Bono should just come around everyones house and check out thier U2 memorabilia.

Bono: " ok fifty cds,twenty two posters,bunch a t shirts, sell this man front row tix"

Ragoo wrote:

Scalpers also paid a tenner to kids and made them queue. Back in the day a person could get up to 8 tickets. 5 kids and you have 40 tickets. Not bad eh?

It is true that scalpers employed methods before that got them tickets but no way were those methods as successful or easy as the internet. Idon't think to many kids would be willing to line up all night and day for a tenner.

Ha, or in my case 3 framed Lithographs - and they ain't cheap! Not to mention the DVDs and books!

There's got to be a fair way if all of us start a thread and discuss it - how many tours do they have left in them though?