Jump to content

Songs of Ascent


zoocat
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

I think this is a really beautiful name for a U2 album. And could be filled up with some really touching pieces about life on earth and complex relationships in personal and working lives. Are we here once only or do we see our loved ones on the other side.  What about a song detailing a reunification of loved ones in Paradise or perhaps a corruption free workplace where everyone is in it for the common cause instead of personal agendas. or a place where money is just printed continuously and emailed to everyone,s inbox once a week. Or one about a man with supersonic hearing that becomes such a burden to him after hearing all his neighbour's secrets that he becomes a renowned clairvoyent and travels around the globe solving peoples dilemmas. Or perhaps one about a man who fell out of love with the darkness only to be reminded quite cruelly that the darkness never quite fell out of love with him. I really do hope this Songs of Ascent gathers pace and is released by Christmas 2018.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, adrnik said:

I’d like to see a SOA album too but doubt it will be released this decade.

I hope you are wrong. I am fizzing for some Eno Lanois U2 collaboration. I have been listening to NLOTH lately. What mighty fine music they make together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 8/28/2018 at 2:20 PM, zoocat said:

I think this is a really beautiful name for a U2 album. And could be filled up with some really touching pieces about life on earth and complex relationships in personal and working lives. Are we here once only or do we see our loved ones on the other side.  What about a song detailing a reunification of loved ones in Paradise or perhaps a corruption free workplace where everyone is in it for the common cause instead of personal agendas. or a place where money is just printed continuously and emailed to everyone,s inbox once a week. Or one about a man with supersonic hearing that becomes such a burden to him after hearing all his neighbour's secrets that he becomes a renowned clairvoyent and travels around the globe solving peoples dilemmas. Or perhaps one about a man who fell out of love with the darkness only to be reminded quite cruelly that the darkness never quite fell out of love with him. I really do hope this Songs of Ascent gathers pace and is released by Christmas 2018.

  Ah such wonderful dreams...... I totally support this idea !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 9/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, zoocat said:

I hope you are wrong. I am fizzing for some Eno Lanois U2 collaboration. I have been listening to NLOTH lately. What mighty fine music they make together.

I hope I am wrong too but reckon after thus tour they will have a break and re-visit the idea of SOA then.

NLOTH is an amazing album, much better that SOI and probably my favourite U2 album since 2000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 9/29/2018 at 4:26 AM, adrnik said:

I hope I am wrong too but reckon after thus tour they will have a break and re-visit the idea of SOA then.

NLOTH is an amazing album, much better that SOI and probably my favourite U2 album since 2000.

yes probably next year maybe. would be a great way to round off the trilogy by returning to that distinctive U2 that we all know and love that can only be woven together by eno and lanois with lillywhite and flood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

 I'm not sure how I feel about Songs of Ascent after SOE and the EI tour.  It seems they are wrapping up another part of their careers. (to me).. It feels like we are at, with SOE/EI,  where we were at with Popmart.  It's fun to guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possibly a step back might follow, and a veil of sentimentality would permeate a Songs os Ascent album. Too much touring , too mush viewing, less feeling, but clouding. All in music. Surely, a wish is not a need. So, what does it mean Songs of Ascent as title as it is clear now, what Songs of Innocence is and what Songs of Experience might be? If I am right, after Popmart, Elevation followed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...