Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Berlin Live Thread #U2eiTour

Also, it's funny how the European legs of IE and EI both mirror each other not just in terms of the show, but that it's during these legs that shows ended up getting cancelled/postponed. ? There was that show in Stockholm on IE that got postponed because of a security breach, and obviously we all know about Paris.

15 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Sure the last time he lost his voice was at the point in 1989/90

Yeah, Amsterdam '89 I think. But with that one they just cut the set short and skipped straight to 40, I don't think they've ever had to axe a gig this early in the show before.

• Brilliant 1

Wow. Couldn't listen live tonight as I was seeing a U2 tribute band (much fun!), but I was looking forward to catching up when I got home. I did not expect to find this! :/

I *really* hope it was just irritation from the smoke and he'll be fine in a few days...

• Like 1

Wow, that was hard to watch. Bono looked scared during Red Flag Day. I hope this is minor and temporary. My heart goes out to Bono, the band, and the entire arena full of fans.  

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, JCF said:

Wow, that was hard to watch. Bono looked scared during Red Flag Day.

It must be a truly horrible feeling to be standing there and realize that your voice is going. Things like this happen occasionally but I really feel for Bono right now. He must think that he let people down.

On the plus side those audience members are in for a very special night when the band return to make things right. I'm certain that U2 will give that show their all.

• Like 1

Get well soon Bono!! I was there, Bono was really sorry. truly poignant to see his displeasure. 

Have to say I'm glad that they cancelled, seemed to be the right thing to do. Here's to a speedy recovery and a rescheduled show.

• Like 1

Seeing Bono standing there with his head in his hands at the end of Beautiful Day, with all sorts of things going through his mind , got me in the hurts, got a bit of grit in my eye or something......... Get well soon Bono and come back and kick ass!

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1