Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

U2 tribute band clearinghouse thread

I was encouraged by one of the moderators to create such a thread about a month ago for all the tribute/cover bands for our beloved band. This is especially apt now since U2 are about to go on a hiatus of unknown length in about two weeks, and because the tribute band I saw a month ago I just saw again tonight! :D

The one I have seen recently, and about 15 years ago too, is "Unforgettable Fire". They are based in NYC, but they travel all over the Northeast. They opened for a Tom Petty tribute band about a month ago in Philadelphia (thus, they only played for an hour), but tonight I saw them in Atlantic City and it was just them. They did their usual fantastic job and they did their homework even for the most recent tour!

The setlist tonight was (with accompanying graphics too) :

The Blackout (yes, really - complete with "It's A Beautiful World" pre-show beginning and graphics taken from "The Blackout" live from the barricage - yes, they are that exacting with their presentation)

I Will Follow ("Boy" cover in background)

Beautiful Day (complete with astronaut graphics from U2360)

Gloria (someone tell Mich ;):lol:)

Desire (nod to RnH while everyone was team-watching it tonight - I would have done it too, but I was busy obviously)

The Fly (complete with the current graphics from the e&i tour)

With Or Without You

All Because of You

Sunday Bloody Sunday (which segued into..)

Please (which segued back into the end of SBS)

New Year's Day

Pride

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Bullet The Blue Sky

Running To Stand Still

Where The Streets Have No Name (complete with the graphics from the JT anniversary tour)

One

(encore) Walk On

Obviously, a great set and they performed it brilliantly. In January, it will be their 24th anniversary as a band! :o If you live in the Northeast US, definitely catch them. They are great for getting you through the years when U2 aren't on tour. Their website is: http://uf2.com/

Anyway, this isn't a thread just for them or for this part of the world. If you have a U2 tribute band near you, wherever you are in the world, just post your news about them here. That's why this thread was created. I'll continue to give updates on UF, but I hope everyone will update they bands that they know about.  Tour hiatuses are easier to take with a good tribute band to see once in a while; they're fun to see anytime really (if they play as well as UF does).

I'll try to add some pictures if the site cooperates.

The Blackout - if you look closely, you can make out that shadowy figure that was on the barricage while U2 plays it.

04C79C2A-7CF5-492B-805D-5DE983D18266.jpeg

Beautiful Day (with astronaut ?‍?)

684A2298-5D0F-484B-824D-36B703495090.jpeg

Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses ? ? 

BFE80DD5-B82D-414F-A87A-AB776F6B0EA1.jpeg

That’ll do for now! :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02:

They are worth catching! I know I will. ?

A final one tonight - “All Because of You”.

They have been following the recent setlists! ?

B6856A5D-C729-40BD-B825-0A41D82F548D.jpeg

I saw U2-2 (who used to be Achtung Baby) for the first time at the end of the summer, playing a free gig on Bournemouth beach. Brilliant night - getting to hear Please live was a particular treat! They have the best Fake Edge I've ever seen - I would have thought it was the real thing, if I didn't know he was in Berlin that night.

600.jpg

600.jpg

I've lost count of how many U2 tribute bands I've seen now. I'll have to try and make a list sometime!