2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

U2 Rules

• Subscriber

Been trying to get a straight answer as to the time frame when the 2019 gift was shipped out but they can't give a definite reply only saying that "i should be receiving mine by now" I have asked about the status of the delivery but they can't track it. I have asked to have another reshipped, then they give this: 

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Please know that the order that was submitted for reshipment, has not been sent. We do show that item is still currently in production/inventory is out of stock. Unfortunately, we do not have a physical gift yet to mail out to you and to other fan's that are also waiting for their gifts. Until we receive more inventory we will go ahead and shipped your order. Unfortunately, we do not have an expected time of delivery, but you will be receiving a shipping confirmation via email once the gift is on the way."

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, marcchua said:

Been trying to get a straight answer as to the time frame when the 2019 gift was shipped out but they can't give a definite reply only saying that "i should be receiving mine by now" I have asked about the status of the delivery but they can't track it. I have asked to have another reshipped, then they give this: 

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Please know that the order that was submitted for reshipment, has not been sent. We do show that item is still currently in production/inventory is out of stock. Unfortunately, we do not have a physical gift yet to mail out to you and to other fan's that are also waiting for their gifts. Until we receive more inventory we will go ahead and shipped your order. Unfortunately, we do not have an expected time of delivery, but you will be receiving a shipping confirmation via email once the gift is on the way."

Great: they took people’s money yet they didn’t ordered from the producer the right number of CD’s!

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, marcchua said:

Can you please share the exact link or steps about how did you send your question about the gift?

I have sent my question "where is the gift?" via u2.com/help > Contact Us > "Subscriber Gift Status Question" > then I filled in all fields including my personal details, order number and my question.

I did it twice and still no response.

Maybe there's another way to ask about the gift.

• Subscriber

I think some people aren’t getting a response because they are embarrassed at the volume of people that still haven’t got there gift and likely don’t have a solution at the moment because they are probably waiting to get a good idea how many new subscribers chose the $75 option which includes the 2019 gift. That way they will have a good idea of how many will need to be produced to fulfil all  orders and it will save them money instead of getting them produced in different stages which will cost more. Poor really but I think that’s the reality. Hopefully this isn’t dragged out too much longer for people as it really is an embarrassing showing from u2.com and unfair on people who chose the 2019 gift up to 15 months ago with the expectation of receiving it around 8 or 9 months ago. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I still haven’t recieved my 2019 gift in Sweden. Am a bit annoyed about it. First it was ”give it about 4 weeks”. After 4 weeks it was another ”4-6 weeks”. Now it is ”all shipping estimates are subject to change”. Awesome!

• Subscriber
On 2/12/2020 at 4:48 PM, ALI_SNUM said:

+1 

I still haven't recieved my 2CD gift since November 05, 2019 when it was shipped.

They (orderhelp@u2.com) also gave me a tracking number of the parcel, and this number was incorrect: "UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number".

I asked about my parcel via u2.com/help on February 03, 2020, and still no responce.

My subscription expires on February 29, 2020, so if I don't get my 2CD or responce from u2.com till that date - I won't renew subscription.

I better buy a U2.com gift at Discogs.com or Ebay where sellers provide much better shipping service.

If U2 goes on tour - maybe I will pay 50 usd for a new subscription... maybe not... but I guess this can happen no earlier than 2021-2022... so I better save 40-80-120 usd for myself.

Today got an email from support@u2.com: 

"Hello,
Our sincerest apologies that your membership packet has yet to reach you!
We realize that you have been patiently waiting for quite some time so we are having another membership packet mailed out to you.
Could we trouble you to confirm your mailing address so that we can ensure that we have the correct address on file?
We will reship your package as soon as we hear back from you!
Current Shipping address: [my address].
Thanks so very much for your patience!
Please let us know if you have any questions or we can be of any further assistance at all.   
Sincerely,
U2.com Team"

So I confirmed my postal address and now waiting again.
Good that U2.com Team finally answered after 2 my requests and promised to reship the gift.

• Like 2

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ALI_SNUM said:

Today got an email from support@u2.com: 

"Hello,
Our sincerest apologies that your membership packet has yet to reach you!
We realize that you have been patiently waiting for quite some time so we are having another membership packet mailed out to you.
Could we trouble you to confirm your mailing address so that we can ensure that we have the correct address on file?
We will reship your package as soon as we hear back from you!
Current Shipping address: [my address].
Thanks so very much for your patience!
Please let us know if you have any questions or we can be of any further assistance at all.   
Sincerely,
U2.com Team"

So I confirmed my postal address and now waiting again.
Good that U2.com Team finally answered after 2 my requests and promised to reship the gift.

I have received the same mail today. Funny thing is that this happened before, in December 2019 they asked me to confirm the shipping address promising to send the gift in Short time. Which of course didn’t happened. 

Let’s hope this time around they will do send the gift accordind to their own promises, that is “as soon as” we confirmed the address.

• Subscriber

I renewed my subscription recently. I can't wait to finally see EI tour. I could not attend personally this tour. It will be awesome if they also have the Joshua Tree Tour available sometime in the not so distant future!!

• Subscriber
On 2/24/2020 at 11:35 PM, ALI_SNUM said:

Can you please share the exact link or steps about how did you send your question about the gift?

I have sent my question "where is the gift?" via u2.com/help > Contact Us > "Subscriber Gift Status Question" > then I filled in all fields including my personal details, order number and my question.

I did it twice and still no response.

Maybe there's another way to ask about the gift.

I also went to the contact us page. Because initially the order confirmation was on my account page. Then one day it suddenly disappeared. Good thing I still have my order confirmation email with my details. Yes, they asked to confirm my shipping address which I did as well. But when I asked for another copy to be reshipped, they mentioned that they are currently out of stock.

Edited by marcchua
typo