Sign in to follow this  
Malahide

Australian Tour 2019 Rumours [TOPICS MERGED]

1 hour ago, hillpy2 said:

Then why was it just announced that Noel Gallagher will be U2’s opening??

Eh? I've checked all of Noel's social media & websites, newest updates are relating to his new single/EP, nothing about U2 on there at all. 

EDIT: apart from this. Posted purely for laughs. https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-says-hed-choose-bono-to-help-him-get-rid-of-a-dead-boy-2483918

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hillpy2 said:

Then why was it just announced that Noel Gallagher will be U2’s opening??

If you are referring to the U2songs article, these are merely rumours. As Max said, as of now, there is no official announcements. 

If/when there is something official to announce you will find it on the news section of the official site (meaning u2.com), the official social media band accounts and here in Zootopia.

Please do not plan anything before any official announcement...

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, peterferris8 said:

U2songs have compiled a list of all the rumours & info they have. Latest update comes from two days ago. Not Innocence/Experience or Joshua Tree apparently. https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumours_nz_australia_asia_u2_tour_in_2019

This link you quoted has now been updated; apparently, the tour is a done deal, and the official announcement will be after the Australian elections (which occur on the 18th of this month).

Get ready, Oz and beyond! 😎 🇦🇺 🇳🇿 🇯🇵 

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

So it's less than a year and they have a new stadium tour?  These guys are amazing.   How, with taking a break, is that possible?   I love this band.  I'd accuse them of being AI had I not just seen EI.   Wow. (unofficially expressed, of course) 

Anyone heard anything else about an AU/NZ tour late this year or early next?  I am a U2 fan of 30+ years and have a 4.5 year old who's biggest wish is to see U2 play live! And with a potential AU/NZ tour, I have convinced my Dublin-born Irish husband that we have to make the journey from Philly as I am too nervous to wait and see when we'll be blessed with our next US tour. Fingers crossed the guys can make something happen down under! Oh and bonus to get to visit such an amazing part of the world that we have always wanted to see :)

Thanks in advance for any insights here :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GloriaVox said:

Anyone heard anything else about an AU/NZ tour late this year or early next?  I am a U2 fan of 30+ years and have a 4.5 year old who's biggest wish is to see U2 play live! And with a potential AU/NZ tour, I have convinced my Dublin-born Irish husband that we have to make the journey from Philly as I am too nervous to wait and see when we'll be blessed with our next US tour. Fingers crossed the guys can make something happen down under! Oh and bonus to get to visit such an amazing part of the world that we have always wanted to see :)

Thanks in advance for any insights here :)

U2songs have compiled a list of all the rumours & info they have. Latest update comes from two days ago. Not Innocence/Experience or Joshua Tree apparently. https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumours_nz_australia_asia_u2_tour_in_2019

On 5/6/2019 at 4:19 AM, dmway said:

This link you quoted has now been updated; apparently, the tour is a done deal, and the official announcement will be after the Australian elections (which occur on the 18th of this month).

Get ready, Oz and beyond! 😎 🇦🇺 🇳🇿 🇯🇵 

The link in the post that Peter made (the middle one of these three quoted) has the most current news - just click on it.

• Like 1

...and this link has been updated again.

Apparently, the announcement will be early next week, Australian time (thus, if you live in the Americas and points east, you may get the word late Sunday, if the announcement is Monday morning from Down Under).

Also rumored to be using the JT anniversary staging and thus JT likely to feature prominently in the setlist, but perhaps not the full album like two years ago.

It looks like tentative planning now may be warranted. 😎

• Like 1

U2start has TENTATIVE dates posted for the Austro-Asian tour on pg. 224 of the appropriate thread there.

It seems to be coming... 😎

• Like 1