• Subscriber
6 hours ago, ballardmama said:

Thanks for the heads up about this! 

Mods or anyone else....will I need a Japanese address/phone number in order to sign up for this vendor presale on Pia? I’m in the US and am wondering if the Pia presale site will be in English and if there are any other work arounds I need to be aware of. I’ll get in touch with my credit card company to let them know so my credit card works. It seems the fan club presale was simple but I’m curious about the vendor presale. Many thanks for helping me figure this out. 

Yeah it was very simple in the presale. In English, with no need to sign up to PIA. As a Live Nation Asia member, I practiced on a few other presales that were through PIA, just to get an idea. Didn't purchase tickets mind you, it was just for practice.

The Red Hill foreigners presale turned out to be even easier. Just hit the appropriate link on u2.com/tour, enter the code, choose the ticket type & quantity, enter the credit card details (just the number & CVC, not the billing address from memory), hit BUY, wait a minute for confirmation.

My girlfriend did have issues though. The Verified by Visa thing didn't work, as the SMS with the code was never received. See sent it twice, & nothing. I took over, & had tickets purchased in under two minutes.

She had actually called her bank  the day before the sales, & checked that her details in the verification system were correct. They said they were fine 😳

I also called my bank before the sales, & had the Mastercard SecureCode verification cancelled for 24 hours. I did this two times, for Brisbane, Sydney 1 & Japan 2 (which all occurred on the same day), then again for Sydney 2. This greatly speeds up the purchasing process, & removes one possible problem when purchasing tickets. Of course some people don't like the idea of removing that layer of security off your card, so it's not for everyone. I just keep a fairly good eye on my account online for the day.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Subscriber

It's certainly is weird that there'd be a second VENDOR presale, for foreigners. But there's no asterisk saying *JAPANESE PAGE, like the first vendor presale.

Weird that they'd have vendor presales for people that weren't members. But it seems to be impossible to become a member if you're a foreigner.

You might want to reach out the this FB group for Japanese U2 fans. Whether it's just for some additional information, or maybe a Japanese person can help you sign up to PIA, using their phone number, & sending you the registration code (or whatever is required).

https://m.facebook.com/groups/734176080332328?ref=bookmarks

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, ddarroch said:

It's certainly is weird that there'd be a second VENDOR presale, for foreigners. But there's no asterisk saying *JAPANESE PAGE, like the first vendor presale.

Weird that they'd have vendor presales for people that weren't members. But it seems to be impossible to become a member if you're a foreigner.

You might want to reach out the this FB group for Japanese U2 fans. Whether it's just for some additional information, or maybe a Japanese person can help you sign up to PIA, using their phone number, & sending you the registration code (or whatever is required).

https://m.facebook.com/groups/734176080332328?ref=bookmarks

Could you share what exactly is a vendor presale? Like who is a part of this? From what you’re saying, I’m not likely to be able to take part in this. Just trying to make sense of my options. Thanks for the idea of the FB group. 

If I end up making it to the show, I’m going to need to buy you a drink to say thanks for all of your help. 😊

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ballardmama said:

Could you share what exactly is a vendor presale? Like who is a part of this? From what you’re saying, I’m not likely to be able to take part in this. Just trying to make sense of my options. Thanks for the idea of the FB group. 

If I end up making it to the show, I’m going to need to buy you a drink to say thanks for all of your help. 😊

Go to the site www.u2japan2019.com and there change to the english version , is on the top left of the page , And there you can have an idea of what to expect. In this page for sure in the next days will be information regarding the pre-sale for non- japanese persons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
On 6/26/2019 at 11:54 AM, ballardmama said:

Sorry ballardmama, this post slipped my mind & I forgot to answer.

I didn't really know who would be able to participate in the vendor presale anyway. But we have answers now, as the vendor presale is up & running!

The TICKET VENDOR PRESALE-2 is open to everyone.

No need to enter a Japanese phone number, no need to enter an address. The process is quite simple.

NOTE: this is a LOTTERY. Entries are open until July 13 (23:59). You are not guaranteed tickets. So DON'T make any travel plans until you have confirmation that you were successful in the lottery (on July 17).

Visit https://www.u2japan2019.com/

For the English presale hit the 'Apply' button for the TICKET PIA * ENGLISH PAGE, towards the bottom of the page.

Choose either Red Zone or seats & GA, & 'Proceed'.

You'll be bombarded with information on the next page, once you've read it, choose 'Next'.

Another page with lots of (fee) information. One you've read it, check the term & conditions box, so the 'Agree' button appears.

The registration page, a couple of things here.

For the phone number, each field can only contain 4 digits. So the first field will probably need to include you country code & your area code. But it MUST only be numerals, NO plus sign, NO spaces. So join the country code & the area code together. Eg. Sun Valley (208), USA (1) becomes 1208.

The password must be alphanumeric characters, NOT special characters like $ or @.

Choose 'Desired Performance(s)', & select the appropriate date. Click the 'Type of Seat Select' button.

As I said, this is a lottery. You can choose up to 5 options. Each option can be a different ticket type, on a different date. These options are prioritised.

So start with the ticket type you want the most, & the date you'd prefer as Priority 1. Select the ticket type & click the 'the amount of tickets' button. Select the quantity & click 'Confirmation' button.

If you would like to try for a different date or a different ticket type in the lottery click 'Adding desired' button, & repeat the process.

Note, you will only be charged for the highest priority tickets that were successful in the lottery. So if you're happy to go for either date, try them both. The same goes for ticket type, GA front, GA rear, expensive seats, cheap seats. Try whatever you'll be happy to receive. You can have between 1 & 5 priorities.

Once you've completed your priorities, click "Settlement Method" button.

Enter your credit card details & click the 'Ticket Issuance of Tickets' button.

Note: collection of tickets are at 7-eleven stores. This is common for Japanese concerts.

Best of luck!

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I had no luck with the lottery today for Japan 2. Never saw RZ, GA front or back. I expected there wouldn’t be much available so I’m not too upset. So now I’m on the lookout for any kind fan who might have 2 extra tickets for night 2 in the coming months. Thanks to those here who’ve given me advice over the last few weeks as I’ve tried to navigate getting tickets.