Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Subscriber
On 1/25/2020 at 9:29 PM, lombard said:

When I say that it is the same concert I mean that it is the same stage. 
Why not give as a gift something from The Joshua Tree Tour?
It was a fascinating show. 
We already have SOI in Paris, Innocence And Experience Live and now Experience And Innocence live
in Berlin, but nothing about the Joshua Tree Tour.

Of course I want the subscription gift, but I expected something different

They kind have already given a gift with the Joshua Tree. That gift was the 2018 Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl/ Digital Download. It had the 2017 live versions and the remastered studio versions of the singles of the JT album.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, BVB65 said:

They kind have already given a gift with the Joshua Tree. That gift was the 2018 Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl/ Digital Download. It had the 2017 live versions and the remastered studio versions of the singles of the JT album.

During TJT 2017 U2 Sung songs they haven’t done in years or never: Exit, Red Hill Minning Town, Running to Stand Still, Trip Through Your Wires.

I think those are the kind of songs we all want to have on cd/vinyl/digital Download and not With or Without You, The Streets and Still Haven’t Found which we all have in many different versions from each and every Tour. 

By the way, 2018 TJT vinyl subscriber gift was lousy, 4 out of the 8 songs we all already have. 

Edited by bacadorina
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, seresere said:

Me too!! *_*
I am curious about the mail mentioned in the news... I've tried to contact the Help because I don't receive the newsletters from the site but I have no answers at the moment. I hope to find some info here...

There are times I don't get them.  There are times they come after the fact.  I sign in for news and am always up to date if I check for any change.  You'll see it in this thread or somewhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
22 minutes ago, bacadorina said:

I think those are the kind of songs we all want to have on cd/vinyl/digital Download and not With or Without You,

They did do TJT vinyls a couple years ago.  A lot of people were very upset with that gift becasue they didn't have turntables or wanted something else. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

They did do TJT vinyls a couple years ago.  A lot of people were very upset with that gift becasue they didn't have turntables or wanted something else. 

My point was that we already have I+E Tour on DVD/Blue Ray, E+I Tour on 2 CD as 2019 subscribers gift (actually I don’t have it as U2.com hasn’t send it to me) and most likely will have an official release of E+I Berlin Show Both on DVD and Blue Ray later this year (mark my words).

In that case, a TJT 2017-2019 Tour release in format of our choice (cd, vinyl or Download) would have been a better gift. The 4 vinyls with only 4 live songs from TJT 2017 Tour were a lousy gift, considering that we all have heard before countless times WOWY, Streets and Still Haven’t Found.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, bacadorina said:

In that case, a TJT 2017-2019 Tour release in format of our choice (cd, vinyl or Download) would have been a better gift. The 4 vinyls with only 4 live songs from TJT 2017 Tour were a lousy gift, considering that we all have heard before countless times WOWY, Streets and Still Haven’t Found.

No matter what they do, some people will be unhappy about th gift..  The Joshua Tree tours were wonderful, however, IE is not EI, nor is EI as IE was.  For me, this DVD bookends a major  part of U2's musical journey.  For me, it's stll all about EI and where they go next.

I have an opposite opinion.  I want EI, not The Joshua Tree.  (even though I loved both TJT tours)    EI is a very different show from IE.  Had they done TJT for this gift-there would be people asking why they didn't do EI.  

• Subscriber
On 1/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, dmway said:

😄

...and I’m happy for those who are ok with a DVD. Shouldn’t those who would have preferred a BluRay (or beyond) have had the opportunity to be equally satisfied? We all pay the same dues. That was my point.

Heck, I would have paid a few extra dollars at the time of renewal to get the BluRay. Well, I’m still an optimist and hope this can be sorted out somehow. We’ll just have to see.

Yes indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

So this is where I stand, thinking about this from a broader spectrum. Yes I understand we dont pay for just a U2  gift.. However that is not for anyone but the purchaser to say why they purchased it. There are folks in here saying why we purchase our subscriptions like they control how we do it, frankly you have no business as to what reason i pay for my subscription. I purchased because of ticket presales etc during EI tour. However this year theres likely no tour. I am purchasing solely for the release of this gift and now I may not due to it being a DVD. I am a sucker for quality. Cold plays dvd is just awful. I understand  DVD can be played across multiple devices but how can a company thats meant to satisfy fans go so downhill on a subscription gift when Blu-ray atleast will stand the test of time a bit longer 4k would be ideal but to appease the middle of the road Blu-ray is the medium.

The show is Experience not amateur, U2 are always re inventing quality with their screens and tours. A DVD is frankly is in poor taste for a fan release not only because its an old near dead medium but today because in another 10 years dvd will be even closer to nothing. I have seen 1000's of complaints. not just a few 1000's of people are upset across social media regarding the DVD and I wonder how many more subscriptions they would have got if they released a blu-ray instead. If you want more subscriptions provide a better medium id like to see a poll of how many people are actually buying a subscription for the site content.

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

Well, I for one am grateful it's a DVD... I didn't even know BluRay was a thing until this thread, so it would have been as useless to me as the vinyl gifts. It's news to me that DVD is considered an outdated format!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

Well, I for one am grateful it's a DVD... I didn't even know BluRay was a thing until this thread, so it would have been as useless to me as the vinyl gifts. It's news to me that DVD is considered an outdated format!

Yes - I don’t think anyone is (or should be) lobbying for an either/or situation here. Many are puzzled (including myself) why both options weren’t available in the first place or, as is often done with movies and even with some concerts, why both DVD and BluRay formats aren’t available in the same package. There would be virtually no complaints here if that were the case.

As I said earlier, LiveNation and Universal Music are multi-billion dollar, multinational corporations; we repeat subscribers give the site $40 (or local equivalent) every year even in non-touring years. In short, all it would take is the will at the corporate level for this to be resolved. It is simply not beyond their means, financially or otherwise.

Still hoping for a happy ending...

• bigwave unfeatured and featured this topic