Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Subscriber

My wife belongs to several fan pages of artists she values but she is constantly blown away at what we get annually. 

Personally, apposed to an annual gift , which i do value and appreciate, Id rather and LOVE if all subs names were entered into a draw for 2 to 10 of us being flown to a show , during touring years , with a brief , cordial apposed to sloppy (lol) meet and greet with red zone access. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, economicformula said:

My wife belongs to several fan pages of artists she values but she is constantly blown away at what we get annually. 

Personally, apposed to an annual gift , which i do value and appreciate, Id rather and LOVE if all subs names were entered into a draw for 2 to 10 of us being flown to a show , during touring years , with a brief , cordial apposed to sloppy (lol) meet and greet with red zone access. 

Well, again, I don’t want to belabor the point, but I want to be sure we’re comparing apples with apples and oranges with oranges here. How many of the fan pages which your wife belongs to have an annual membership fee?

Now, don’t get me wrong about this gift and the gifts we have gotten in the past - on the whole I like them very much. Last year’s gift was great (all apologies to those around the world who are still waiting to receive their copy). The fact that we are getting this show this year is also great - it finally explains why this show wasn’t in the shops in time for the last Xmas season we just had. I was befuddled by that originally; now I understand what the delay was for. Again, on the whole, I quite like the gifts we get. We have had stinkers (e.g., Duals), but we have also had awesome ones (e.g., “From The Ground Up” book and CD set).

I am confused as to why they haven’t worked out some bugs over time, especially in regards to shipping (doubly especially, shipping to Germany - very frustrating and easily avoided problems there; my sympathies to our German friends).

So, this current situation is like the shipping problem I just alluded to: very easily avoided with just a little extra thought and care. That’s all people want here - we’re all U2 fans who pay the same dues.

I like your suggestion of a fan club benefit! 😄

Of course, I could add that such contests during touring years used to be more common under previous management, but I don’t want to go on about it... 😉

Edited by dmway
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, dmway said:

Well, again, I don’t want to belabor the point, but I want to be sure we’re comparing apples with apples and oranges with oranges here. How many of the fan pages which your wife belongs to have an annual membership fee?

Now, don’t get me wrong about this gift and the gifts we have gotten in the past - on the whole I like them very much. Last year’s gift was great (all apologies to those around the world who are still waiting to receive their copy). The fact that we are getting this show this year is also great - it finally explains why this show wasn’t in the shops in time for the last Xmas season we just had. I was befuddled by that originally; now I understand what the delay was for. Again, on the whole, I quite like the gifts we get. We have had stinkers (e.g., Duals), but we have also had awesome ones (e.g., “From The Ground Up” book and CD set).

I am confused as to why they haven’t worked out some bugs over time, especially in regards to shipping (doubly especially, shipping to Germany - very frustrating and easily avoided problems there; my sympathies to our German friends).

So, this current situation is like the shipping problem I just alluded to: very easily avoided with just a little extra thought and care. That’s all people want here - we’re all U2 fans who pay the same dues.

I like your suggestion of a fan club benefit! 😄

Of course, I could add that such contests during touring years used to be more common under previous management, but I don’t want to go on about it... 😉

Two with fees. With small perks. Not quite as generous as ours   

Frankly, I would have paid without a gift but access to red zone presale  

Im content and am grateful for the gift, and that’s my point  No more or less valid or valuable than any others  

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, il_go_crazy said:

So this is where I stand, thinking about this from a broader spectrum. Yes I understand we dont pay for just a U2  gift.. However that is not for anyone but the purchaser to say why they purchased it. There are folks in here saying why we purchase our subscriptions like they control how we do it, frankly you have no business as to what reason i pay for my subscription. I purchased because of ticket presales etc during EI tour. However this year theres likely no tour. I am purchasing solely for the release of this gift and now I may not due to it being a DVD. I am a sucker for quality. Cold plays dvd is just awful. I understand  DVD can be played across multiple devices but how can a company thats meant to satisfy fans go so downhill on a subscription gift when Blu-ray atleast will stand the test of time a bit longer 4k would be ideal but to appease the middle of the road Blu-ray is the medium.

The show is Experience not amateur, U2 are always re inventing quality with their screens and tours. A DVD is frankly is in poor taste for a fan release not only because its an old near dead medium but today because in another 10 years dvd will be even closer to nothing. I have seen 1000's of complaints. not just a few 1000's of people are upset across social media regarding the DVD and I wonder how many more subscriptions they would have got if they released a blu-ray instead. If you want more subscriptions provide a better medium id like to see a poll of how many people are actually buying a subscription for the site content.

You present your opinion very well.  Expecting more because it's not a touring year assumes that's part of our purchase contract.  Sadly, it's not. 

DVD's have great sound. A lot of people do not possess the player and audio systems required to know or appreciate the difference between a DVD and a bluray player. Not everyone had a turntable for the vinyls. Some people don't care to read books. I wish U22 had been in smaller packaging,  My view on DVD vs BluRay is so what? I'm lucky to have both, or either, for that matter. . It's just my own humble opinion.    

Putting the format debate aside:

It's still January.  We already know this year's gift. (Nice) It's already in production. (Cool).  They are emailing subscribers, in February, regarding delivery of this gift. (Sweet)  This seems a change to me. My hope is broader subscriber complaints, which strongly manifest themselves in the gift threads, are being heard and answered. For example: .I hope people in Germany have an easier time with customs for this year's gift. My wish is that production has started early enough to meet demand and delivery for 2020.. It would be awesome if all of us had this DVD before, or shortly after the arrival of 2021.  I badly feel for anyone stll waiting for the 2019 IE cd's. .  

Edited by Manohlive
e
  • Subscriber

It’s not fair to turn this thread into a U2-fans-are-not-gratefull-for-their-subscription-gift topic.

I think we all agree that having this live show as a gift is really something we all want. Maybe even better then last-years wonderful double-cd (WITH DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!!!).

I understand that there are still a lot of people out there that are content with a DVD, as they are just happy with with they got and so far fail to see the need for better visual quality. That’s fine too!

But it is not fair on those that do prefer to have the 4K High Definition stuff, to make them feel ungrateful.

You wouldn’t hear me complain at all if they made (or announce to make) the 4K version available SOMEHOW...

I’m happy to pay for it wether or not it is the annual sub-gift.

It is just strange that their keeping silent about the absence of this show in 4k all together!

I think they’re making a big mistake here. Because if they do end up making the 4K show available later, it would make this DVD less fan-club exclusieve and that would then annoy a whole new bunch of subscribers that like their gifts to be fan club exclusieve. Those might even be the ones that do settle for just a DVD release...

Edited by OptimaX
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber

My hunch is that the concert will go on sale to the general public in multiple formats. The DVD/picture book edition will be exclusive to the fan club. Of course this is only speculation on my part and time will tell how right or wrong I am.

• Subscriber
On 1/31/2020 at 1:18 AM, bacadorina said:

During TJT 2017 U2 Sung songs they haven’t done in years or never: Exit, Red Hill Minning Town, Running to Stand Still, Trip Through Your Wires.

I think those are the kind of songs we all want to have on cd/vinyl/digital Download and not With or Without You, The Streets and Still Haven’t Found which we all have in many different versions from each and every Tour. 

By the way, 2018 TJT vinyl subscriber gift was lousy, 4 out of the 8 songs we all already have. 

You never know what may happen. Being that the band just finished the 2019 JTT less than two months ago, they just may offer a 2019 JTT CD as a gift for 2021. I myself would love to have the other songs off the  JT album as a live version. I do agree that when it comes to The Streets, I Still Haven't Found and With or Without You, they do beat those songs to death. How many live versions of those songs do we need?

• Subscriber

I couldn’t see any obviously critical intent with those who felt all is fine relative to those who wished for something different including format. 

Expressing differing opinions is a mad dash to cynical argument. 

• bigwave unfeatured and featured this topic