• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

After this topic and getting thrilled whenever it was I am even more into them. Very sure of the band & have to say, ultimately happy. Totally. Very very soon the 1st album is out! Thank you babes for cheering up indeed. Brilliant stuff!

Edited by jaanakulo
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From our friends @Bands FC  

This is pretty awesome for them: Number 1 in Ireland and UK!  

Saw them live in Cardiff just pre covid. They were very very good. Interesting mix in the crowd of old U2 fans and teens and twentysomethings. You can see Bono in Eli.    will buy the albu

Posted Images

• Community Moderator

Looking forward to hearing the whole album. I’ve preordered one of the vinyls. 

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, mich40 said:

That would be cool to have. 

I want one.  I'm getting those jittery feelings of of oh boy.  How many? It feels similar to U2 presales. They got better, which of course they would. I have not been able to listen much lately but they already had my ear listening to one of them at a time..  I remember the thinking the drummer was good.  The bass too.  It's a good rhythm section.  It's weird to say this but they show a lot of promise. I'm going as a fan.  I like them. I was wondering how I would not look I was there to see Bono's son.  I'm gong to watch these guys play, not as a fan of U2 but because I think they are really good..  I want. these guys to succeed.  They sound like good musicians, which of course they would.  I'm very excited they are coming to Chicago.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2020 at 12:10 PM, jaanakulo said:

Whatever hat or makeup Bono nowadays wear - not sure why yes macphisto but not sure if the grotesque is at all as useful as it was in ZooTV era or is it only grotesque - there is not many on this planet (but maybe on some other planets there are quite a few) who can compare with his absolute singing skills

For me, it was done for reasons which are very complex.  To understand Macphisto, the viewer needs to look at it through the eyes of one who has faith in God or the devil. The first was MacPhisto aging as a rock star. ( brilliant characterization)  It was a warning:  we can have our...we can have our...he doesn't have to do anything. We are doing the work for him. The second MacPhisto came back nastier, giving us a another warning.  At the time, donald trump was president of the U.S.A.  MacPhisto was telling us what was to come if we did not heed his call. A humble rock star is warning us through his own characterization of the devil.  It takes a lot of wisdom to do that.  It also takes a commitment to the greater good for all. (Red campaign and things the other gentlemen are doing)  Trump led my country to experience an insurrection on Jan 6th. Trump was touting he was gonna make us great again and there was MacPhisto warning us on U2's screen, which had much more resolution this time around.  For me, MacPhisto was not meant to entertain.  He was there for us to listen to a greater meaning than the spectacle that U2 does so well.  My own understanding is that Bono may have been wearing the hat to be the showman that he is while playing the fool (Shakespeare) so people would pay attention to MacPhisto, who is warning us that the next time he appears, It won't be an idiot like donald trump.  It might not even be in America.  Read about what China is doing in Xinjiang.  It's up to us or the real devil is going to start dictating and we won't know if's him because we want MacPhisto.  It's absolutely brilliant.  It also scares the hell out of me. Somewhere in The Bible it says that if a watcher sees a warning and does not heed the call...  It's there if someone cares to read it.  Many prefer to go without masks and adulterate Truth. The third strike and we are out because the devil wins.  War is hell.  There is tremendous wisdom in what Bono, and the whole band are doing if a person listens but also watches. They give us a choice, hoping we go out and make the world a better place or we do not, in which case MacPhisto is right and now he's going to come out of his costume.  Bono is calling us to arms because the devil is having a field day right now. We're doing the work for him in beatings of Asian people and mass shootings and so many others, which many ignore or forget.  In TJT30, Bono kneels and takes off his hat to an image of The Mothers of the Disappeared.   One needs to remember that they resurrected Pride during EI.  One also needs to remember that we have a man who in IE held The Bible and pleaded, "Comfort me.  Comfort me."  There is a much deeper message to U2 than their music  Many know this.  Some follow.  Some are there for the good feeling while they get a beer during those horrible preaching speeches.  I made the mistake of doing it during Pride during past shows.  I'd be terrified to send my son out there to carry on, were I Bono. There is an article or interview out there about the fact that Bono did not want Elijah to do this.

This brings me to Inhaler.  We have another show man who is young.  He was raised with his father's values. They are touring with their own words and message.  They see what is going on in our world much more than older generations because they are children who have been raised watching a world in even more chaos than when his father, Edge, Adam and Larry were at their age.  I can hear the haters already.  "Oh great, another Bono preaching at us". Meanwhile, a father has to let his son go so he can help save the world.  We would do well to pray this band succeeds, because MacPhisto would want to stop them. This is Bono's son. For me, Inhaler is hope, they seem good musicians to me and it's rock and roll.  The cycle continues.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Manohlive said:

[...] Inhaler is hope, they seem good musicians to me and it's rock and roll. [...]

... and I like it!
Seriously, I've listen a few songs on YouTube and I like the sound.

I agree with you.
Interesting post, especially the part about MacPhisto.
Pride was great during eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour and Summer of Love + Pride is one of the best transitions, IMHO!

Back on topic :)
I've received a newsletter from Hot Press, there are a few links on the net:

https://www.hotpress.com/music/inhaler-star-on-the-cover-of-the-new-hot-press-22859524

https://www.hotpress.com/music/album-review-inhaler-it-wont-always-be-like-this-22859606

Edited by seresere
  • Community Manager

... and an excellent review of the upcoming release by the good folk over at U2Songs :

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • bigwave featured this topic
  • Community Moderator
1 hour ago, Malahide said:

The album of Inhaler will be out on July 9. 

Can’t wait to get my vinyl of it.