Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

4 hours ago, mich40 said:

I've been digging around the video and photos archives in the site this morning. That has gotten me pretty pumped too. Found the little video from the original release fan parties.

https://www.u2.com/media/player/632/71

Ive not seen that before either, blooming awesome !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrayjets said:

Ive not seen that before either, blooming awesome !

I was actually looking at the bandcam videos that were done before NLOTH came out and stumbled across that. 

12 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Honestly and sincerely, in my view there are only two possible ways to make a movie work in a live stream party:

- One would be if the director or one of the actors (or more of them, or a combo) is present and make comments about it during the movie - or tv show: a few days ago there was a live stream for the Twin Peaks pilot with Kyle Kyle MacLachlan and Mädchen Amick, quite entertaining and informative thanks to their comments); or

- If the movie is so, so, so... so bad that the only possible way to endure it is to make jokes about it - basically Mystery Science Theater 3000.

plus, while the Wenders movies are great but are on the slow lane - maybe they could be food for thought, but in the end it would feel like homework)

(not to mention that for many, the U2 connection is so tenuous, and in the case of Wings of Desire, inexistent)

Perhaps it's better if we concentrate on the official material that we have now - there's still plenty of it for the next weeks and if the circunstances make that we finished them the discussion can come once that stage is reached, not before...

The movies I only listed for completeness’ sake. 

The only one I listed that I would strongly lobby for is R&H - 1) it’s good, and 2) most people would/should already have it. Second would be the more live performance/documentary videos. Beyond that, I wouldn’t expect anything to develop realistically. Again, the other titles were added for the sake of completeness.

But, let’s finish the main sequence first by all means! 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

Well, that will be fun! 😎

I hope that this is a sign that perhaps “Live From Sydney” is finally getting a high-definition release soonish (preferably a physical one, but streaming would be ok for now for this special occasion).

In fact, all of the concerts from ZooTV through Vertigo are due for BluRay (and beyond) upgrades. (I’m not sure if UABRS could be improved more than it already has been, and “R&H” is another kettle of fish altogether, but the 90s concerts and the pre-U2360 new millennium shows are well overdue for hi-def versions.)

Nice to have more good news! 

Edited by dmway

2 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

So ready! :Bananaphisto:

(you have no idea how excited I am about this. But I don't want to break the Internet just yet so I'll shut up for now.) 

5am Monday morning for me 😕

Oh yes, I am definitely ready for the laughing gas. Bring it on.

Found out an old article from Berliner Morgenpost, July 2009

1456185653_360BerlinerMorgenpost.PNG.2e888e05dba1e75abc812522d646af28.PNG

• Brilliant 1