Max Tsukino

#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

Just now, Canadanne said:

The Vertigo Tour was so special for me that I made a whole website about the experience. Very, very fond memories. It's a shame the official DVD really doesn't reflect the tour we saw in Europe, and they never released the full Milan show or U2 3D in a home video format.

Yes, I wish they would release the full Milan show and U23D - maybe someday...

4 minutes ago, mich40 said:

How many of you got to see this tour live?

Gothenburg, Sweden and Copenhagen, Denmark. Still have two shirts

Vertigo.thumb.PNG.e460f0bcf8b624490a4190929086d8cd.PNG

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

ME!!!!!!! 😃

From the old thread:

Quick memories of the Vertigo tour shows I saw:

1) May 14, 2005 - Philadelphia, PA

I got this ticket in our U2.com presale, BUT I was a victim of the bot attack on Ticketmaster. So, even though I got in right when the sale went live, I only was able to get a ticket in the upper level. Very sad. (If you remember Larry's speech at the Grammy awards apologizing for the incident, this is what he was referring to.) Still, it was interesting to see the show from the elevated perspective; at least I was in the front row of the upper level - I guess that's something. 🤷‍♂️

2) May 17, 2005 - E. Rutherford, NJ

I was living in NJ at the time. One of the great advantages of living in NJ when a major band announces an arena tour is that you have a shot to see shows in NYC, Philadelphia, and even in NJ itself without very much effort. Accordingly, I was able to see 11 shows during the Elevation and Vertigo tours combined (it may have been 12 - I still think I'm forgetting an extra show I saw in NYC on the Vertigo tour; I'm still investigating). I saw Tony (the "Bono" of the U2 tribute band "Unforgettable Fire") inside the ellipse while I was just on the outside; we toasted each other at a distance because I had my Fly Shades on too that night. 😎

3) October 7, 2005 - MSG, NYC

The first of the run of shows at MSG. They tried out "Crumbs From Your Table" for the first time live that night. It was great!

4) October 17, 2005 - Philadelphia, PA

A very boisterous show, despite its being on a Monday night. They played "Original Of The Species" that night, and...Bruce Springsteen joined them during the encore! 😎

5) October 22, 2005 - Pittsburgh, PA

This is the show that I saw with my mother (of all people) - if you remember the Mothers' Day thread I started a couple of years ago, this was the show I talked about there. We got into the ellipse that night too. Just a great, great show.

Besides my PopMart odyssey, this was the tour where I did the most traveling. I even had tickets for Cleveland before deciding that it was just too far to drive to. (Again, since they played something like 8 shows at MSG in 2005, I must have seen a second show there; I'm still trying to figure out which one.)

A great tour with great memories...

(P.S. Besides the first Philly show, I was able to get GA for the other shows. A great tour to be up close for.)

Lucky!! Too bad I was only 8 years old back then ☹️

4 hours ago, mich40 said:

Preshow music, just for you. 

"Everyone... everyone!"

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 minute ago, ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia said:

Lucky!! Too bad I was only 8 years old back then ☹️

I do feel lucky - BUT, more U2 tours are coming! You will have more turns yourself. 😎

• Like 1

I love COBL...

• Like 1

Man, Adam's bass sounds great! 😎

check in, who here, hows it looking & sounding for you?

I'm glad we're getting started. Yesterday I had a bit of an embarrassing moment where I thought it was Saturday and thus was very confused for a lot longer than I'd like to admit on why I couldn't find the stream. 🤣🤣