Rumor of deluxe ATYCLB for October

• Subscriber
On 10/4/2020 at 1:41 AM, u2dook said:

And they didn't even package together everything they have.  The single version of "Walk On" and the Tomb Raider Mix of "Elevation" are the two most glaring omissions.  Then there was the Irving Plaza and Farmclub live b-sides.  "Peace On Earth/Walk On" from the 9/11 tribute.  The radio session versions of "Beautiful Day," "Stuck in a Moment" and "Elevation."  "Electrical Storm" and "The Hands That Built America" could have fit in here as well.  I mean, there's only 9 songs on the b-sides/outtakes disc for crying out loud!

This is so disappointing after the previous reissues that at least did a good job of collecting all the b-sides and single versions and stuff like that.

I think including a blu-ray in the box set would make sense as much sense as the CDs.  I know plenty of people who still buy blu-rays or 4K UHD discs.  I don't know anyone who still buys CDs.  

Yes, you brought up all the major (and ought to have been easily included) extras for the set.

It's common in sets now to have BluRay hi-def discs in addition to the CDs (which I still proudly buy, and know very many who do as well) - e.g., deluxe sets by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and R.E.M. (among many others) have both. If you are going deluxe, it's really the way to present something in a deluxe way - i.e., the original recording and extras presented in a way that is truly lossless, the original recordings presented as they were originally recorded.

Maybe this will happen someday; it's a bit of a missed opportunity that it is not happening now.

• Brilliant 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone who has posted here has expressed my own thoughts so I won't repeat what has already been said. What I will say is that either U2 or people in their organization seem to think that there is a

This would be nice, if it turns out to be true: https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumour_u2_to_release_atyclb_box_this_fall  

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 10/4/2020 at 7:41 AM, u2dook said:

And they didn't even package together everything they have.  The single version of "Walk On" and the Tomb Raider Mix of "Elevation" are the two most glaring omissions.  Then there was the Irving Plaza and Farmclub live b-sides.  "Peace On Earth/Walk On" from the 9/11 tribute.  The radio session versions of "Beautiful Day," "Stuck in a Moment" and "Elevation."  "Electrical Storm" and "The Hands That Built America" could have fit in here as well.  I mean, there's only 9 songs on the b-sides/outtakes disc for crying out loud!

This is so disappointing after the previous reissues that at least did a good job of collecting all the b-sides and single versions and stuff like that.

I think including a blu-ray in the box set would make sense as much sense as the CDs.  I know plenty of people who still buy blu-rays or 4K UHD discs.  I don't know anyone who still buys CDs.  

Well, I buy cd's... Hope they will be hip again as vinyl did come back.

Most deluxe boxes come with a blu ray with HD and multichannel recordings. The best quality around. This week sees the release of Ultravox Vienna and Tears for Fears ' seeds of love. A lot more exciting than ATYCLB, though u2's packaging is superior, the price is a lot higher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So I was ready to bite the bullet and order the deluxe CD set from the U2 store (cheaper here than Amazon), and it's already sold out?? Is that common here? And if so, does anybody have any insight on how long before they have more in stock? 

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, RSkanseTX said:

So I was ready to bite the bullet and order the deluxe CD set from the U2 store (cheaper here than Amazon), and it's already sold out?? Is that common here?

It doesn't happen with every re-release but it's not unheard of...

And if so, does anybody have any insight on how long before they have more in stock? 

Unfortunately we can't know when the store will have it again. Best course of action is to click on the Notify me when this product is available button and be patient...