Remastered videos on U2’s Youtube Channel

mich40

• Subscriber

First of the remastered videos that disappoint a bit. Great song, but this song should've had a proper video.  Quality not great. They'd better used the original 35mm footage and give it the 4k treatment. I wonder if the Spanish eyes video will appear in high quality.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

First of the remastered videos that disappoint a bit. Great song, but this song should've had a proper video.  Quality not great. They'd better used the original 35mm footage and give it the 4k treatment. I wonder if the Spanish eyes video will appear in high quality.

I felt the same way about this one too. Watching it again, it doesn’t look as terrible as I thought at first, but I wish it could have been cleaned up a little better. At least the audio if they had the capability to do that.

Well that one was disappointing! I shouldn't have got my hopes up...

Shocking really, upscaling the same rough VHS source to "1080p" :P but I suppose it's been done just to update the thumbnail with the Rattle And Hum era U2 logo to match every other reupload.

I guess this means the 35mm footage of Tempe is lost or they just decided not to have it restored?? Other Rattle And Hum footage has been restored and used on From The Sky Down, right??

Edited by JoshuaTrrr
  • Like 1

• Community Moderator

I've already watched that 3 times.  Man, that brings back some great memories from the late 80s/early 90s for me. ❤️ And reminds me how much I loved that documentary.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 2/19/2021 at 5:07 AM, Arsen79 said:

The best present...

"In Gods country" remastered video to be released tonight (19.02.2021). One of my favorite songs ... In days when the days are complicated, this is a wonderful gift from U2 for my today´s birthday. (I never knew In Gods country had an official clip)

Happy Belated Birthday, Arsen79.

I'm finally getting a chance to give several of these remastered videos a proper sit down watch and listen.  Streets just blew me away.  Adam's bass really jumps out at me.  I always laugh when the policeman says, "You're drawing them in by the dozens."  Then the other officer is on the roof and tells everyone to back away from the edge. The announcers telling people it's not a good neighborhood so you probably don't want to go down there-as if that would stop most of us.  Such a great, great song, video and some laughs too.