Remastered videos on U2’s Youtube Channel

mich40

• Community Moderator
11 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Were these remix versions ever played on MTV (or other places)?  I remember the mixes but not the videos.

Max and I were discussing that. He remembers one and I remember the one with the shopping cart. I can’t remember where I saw it though, but definitely not on MTV. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 8/6/2021 at 12:30 PM, Max Tsukino said:

*[BOOM*CHA]* (but remixed)... enjoy...

Ah, that’s wonderful and frustrating!

This has some of the images from my personal U2 video “holy grail”, as it were.

There was a 10 to 15 minute video remix of “Discothèque” where it documented “a day in the life” of the mirrorball. It was only shown once on MTV during a U2 video retrospective during the POP-era (obviously). Do you have any idea if that one will be coming? That would be wonderful if it were to be resurrected for all eternity.

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
4 hours ago, mich40 said:

Max and I were discussing that. He remembers one and I remember the one with the shopping cart. I can’t remember where I saw it though, but definitely not on MTV. 

it's very likely that the video I remember was played in a club. As Mich says, definitely not MTV... (disclaimer: the 90s are - for the most part - a blur)

• Haha 1

• Community Moderator
3 hours ago, dmway said:

There was a 10 to 15 minute video remix of “Discothèque” where it documented “a day in the life” of the mirrorball. It was only shown once on MTV during a U2 video retrospective during the POP-era (obviously). Do you have any idea if that one will be coming? That would be wonderful if it were to be resurrected for all eternity.

Unknown which videos are on the list for remasterization... no other option but to wait and see which ones are posted...

• Thanks 2

• Community Moderator
6 hours ago, Carlos said:

Has this video been remastered?  Date uploaded mentions Oct 2009.

Some of them, they are replacing on the old one and they will show the original add date and viewer count. Be sure to check your settings on YouTube to make sure you are watching at the highest quality. 
0E0EB497-1BF2-4E06-9AAB-15D5EDD43C70.jpeg

• Like 1