U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

The postal service in America is still slow.  We are experiencing a spike in the Delta variant of Covid-19, which is increasing in its threat. That's starting to have an impact.  It may shut everything down again. Production of everything has been halted, in many cases, to a grinding standstill. People are waiting months, past the due date, for furniture, cars, etc. There are few raw materials for production.  Costs are soaring. (8-2X4's cost us $50 the other day and that's for pine)  I'm planning on the worst and hoping for the best with this gift.  Remember it has to go through our customs before it gets to yours. That is going to be slowed. People are waiting long times to even get passports in America right now.  Do with this as you will.  I think it will be a minor miracle if the distribution of this particular gift goes as planned.  I'm expecting delays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber

Would be nice to get some word of what’s going on. Has shipping actually began yet, In July like they stated? Or are there delays again like several years in the past? We’re way short on the downloads as well which I will keep on bringing up because it’s quite frankly a disgrace. Hopefully this comment doesn’t get blocked like a few of my others. I’m guessing if I had only positive things to say all my comments would be allowed. 

• Subscriber
On 7/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, jfreel said:

"Dispatch of the physical gift set - including the double CD set, photo book of the show, specially designed cloth face covering and five commemorative cards - begins in July."

Mid July and still nothing?

August now and still nothing other than a few downloads. what is going on? Its the same every single year.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

All the songs should have been made available for download months ago. Absolutely no excuse.

100% agree.     I can understand the delays with the physical shipping, but the downloads should have been shared with subscribers much sooner.

Personally I not really interested in a few songs out of sequence from the show, I'll only download and add to my personal playlist when the show and setlist is complete.

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

All the songs should have been made available for download months ago. Absolutely no excuse.

Its pathetic really. I paid for this in January and we are being drip fed downloads. Its the worst thing about being a member and it never appears to get fed back. Can those who have paid for this subscription have all the downloads now please? As for the physical format.....................who knows when this will show up

• Brilliant 1