Jump to content

U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread


bigwave
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Earlier today, I got my confirmation email for the shipping of this gift.  As usual, the tracking does not register immediately.  I think there is usually a week or so lag between us getting confirmation emails and the package being able to be tracked.  It's been the case that the gift arrives before the tracking even catches up; I've encountered that with other packages recently.  I live in the USA, so I can track this package all the way to my home. It does not hit customs. I'm happily surprised they got this year's gift shipping now.  It is pretty much on time, when compared with previous years. Way to go, U2 and everyone involved. This can not have been easy to coordinate during a pandemic. 

I got my "shipped" email yesterday!

Sweet.

 

 

Edited by ramsatw
  • Brilliant 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Moderator
3 hours ago, jfreel said:

If it is shipped then why do we not have all the downloads now? Come on - its not too much to ask is it? 

 

32 minutes ago, Dean Allison said:

There’s the sensible way to do things and then there’s the u2.com way. 

One may not be happy or understand why they do things the way they do, but they always have a reason and they will continue to distribute the downloads as they see fit. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, mich40 said:

 

One may not be happy or understand why they do things the way they do, but they always have a reason and they will continue to distribute the downloads as they see fit. 

You’ve said as much before. What me and other subscribers are saying is regardless of there reasons we disagree with it and should give us all the downloads as soon as we (re)subscribe. And yes they clearly are just continuing to do things as they see fit, that much is very clear which is a good way to keep a lot of us dissatisfied. Likewise whilst they continue to do as they see fit we’ll continue to complain regardless of their reasons. As paying subscribers we have that privilege. It’s exactly that ‘continuing as they see fit’ which is u2.com’s biggest problem. As a fan club the main aim should be to please the fans not be fine with keeping many unhappy for whatever reasons they see fit. 

Edited by Dean Allison
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

What I’d like to add to show I’m not trying to be doom and gloom all the time. I’m happy with the gift, a full gig on 2cd’s is decent, I think there’s still room for a little more value for money with the subscription but value for money is not my main priority when subscribing it’s about getting a good gift with a substantial amount of music and also getting priority for tickets in your years. So I’m happy with the gift itself. I’m even happy with the shipping starting in August but with the conditions of not announcing an earlier shipping date (which they did) and the big one that you could have guessed, giving us all the downloads straight away. But the gift itself is a thumbs up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Manager
On 8/5/2021 at 2:02 AM, Manohlive said:

Earlier today, I got my confirmation email for the shipping of this gift.  As usual, the tracking does not register immediately.  I think there is usually a week or so lag between us getting confirmation emails and the package being able to be tracked.  It's been the case that the gift arrives before the tracking even catches up; I've encountered that with other packages recently.  I live in the USA, so I can track this package all the way to my home. It does not hit customs. I'm happily surprised they got this year's gift shipping now.  It is pretty much on time, when compared with previous years. Way to go, U2 and everyone involved. This can not have been easy to coordinate during a pandemic. 

Am told it may take up to 24hrs, depending on UPS, on the tracking number to register (less than a week though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Am told it may take up to 24hrs, depending on UPS, on the tracking number to register (less than a week though)

 The tracking number did register pretty quickly this time.  It's now showing delivery scheduled for this coming Tuesday.  This seems even faster than previous years. 

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Every fan club that I know of that is run by Live Nation is plagued by delays.... I'm just glad U2 gives us great gifts pretty often. Can't wait to get this entire show. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

The shipping email with the tracking number came last Thursday. It's Monday and I'm getting the "check back tomorrow" notice from UPS. I'm taking odds on which comes first - the tracking data or the package. It's an open question since UPS uses the USPS for "last-mile" delivery on a lot of packages in my area, so it may spend an extra night in a USPS sorting facility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...