U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Community Moderator
3 hours ago, promenade95 said:

I appreciate your help, but this does not make sense….when it arrives at my post office I will have it with 24 hrs.

My concern is the gift getting past customs and getting to my local post office…they have told me they haven’t received anything.

When I put in the code I get a message from UPS ( I live in Ireland!!) telling me it’s due to arrive tomorrow!….it’s said that for several days now.

20 days after dispatch and still no gift. Happy to wait another 2 weeks.

Please do that. If you haven’t received it by then, please use the Contact Us form. When you do received it, let us know. 

• Subscriber
On 8/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, xrayjets said:

Just got notification mine has shipped !

Be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive, its taking a loooooong time for internationally shipped packages to arrive down under. There aren’t a lot of flights heading this way..

Received today in less than a month !

Pretty happy with that (I’ve had other packages take 2 weeks to arrive from Sydney, a mere 2 hours away..)

😎

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Any Irish members here?

There seems to be a serious communication breakdown between Irish Customs and An Post regarding packages coming from outside the EU as a result of Customs law changes on July 1st.

Has any Irish U2.com member received their gift? If so, how long did it take from date of dispatch?

• Subscriber
On 9/3/2021 at 2:41 AM, raymond231 said:

Not a gift. Not legally. You PAY for membership. You receive in exchanged some benefits, including a double cd not available anywhere else. U2.com may choose to describe it as a “gift” for promotional purposes, but there is a VERY CLEAR exchange of money for material goods. In fact, U2.com is likely undervaluing the item (2 cd and a book for $10? Really). If you get a membership including last year’s “gift”, you are charged an extra $35 (no other benefit). So, a judge could easily view a $35 value on the item. If my employer didn’t provide me with a salary, and I did 40 hours of “volunteer work” every week “for free”, then he “gifted” me $1000 every 2 weeks, do you think that would fly with the IRS? It isn’t a gift. Sounds like some EU countries got new import fees. Talk to your government ministers about it. It sounds like there needs to be a declared value on all imports even if it is a “gift” (based on other replies I have read…might be wrong on this point). So, if you become a member of the fan club as a non-paying member next year…and U2 sends you something for free…which NOTHING EXPECTED IN RETURN, then that’s a gift.

So the European Union has just tightened up their handling of parcels and companies can’t send gift to private persons. As of July the 1. Any parcel is taxable whereas before only items over a given limit was - this is the new reality. This could have been fixed by either paying the tax up front or by shipping all European parcels to let’s say Ireland and ship each parcel from within the European Union. Mine got nicked by coustoms - most Danish items does - and this gift will cost Danes 28 dollars to get. The tax that universal music should have prepaid is around 8 dollars and this could have been applied to the membership. Talking to government doesn’t work here - the only thing working is adapting to the law in a smart manner 🙂

• thumbs up 2

• Subscriber

Ridiculous. Subscriber since 1993 to Propaganda and after years of campaigning on poverty, comes a poor quality mask made in Bangladesh, completely cropped and usable perhaps by a child.

Concert recording quality? Better to postpone.

For $ 40 a year, try learning from Pearl Jam's 10 Club, for example, how to run an official fan club.

What a disappointment.

• Subscriber
On 9/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, promenade95 said:

Any Irish members here?

There seems to be a serious communication breakdown between Irish Customs and An Post regarding packages coming from outside the EU as a result of Customs law changes on July 1st.

Has any Irish U2.com member received their gift? If so, how long did it take from date of dispatch?

My package is supposedly still in Jamaican UPS since 13th of August...

• Community Moderator
11 hours ago, Anibla said:

Please keep checking the tracking number for a few more days, to see if there's an update - if after these days everything remains the same and you haven't received the gift nor any update, then please contact the customer support service about this issue...

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 9/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, Anibla said:

Yeah, supposedly Irish customs are sending packages back to source as a result of changes to the law this year.

I think the odds of receiving this gift are decreasing with every passing week…I hope I’m proven wrong.

I’ll probably wait until October before seeking a refund/ new gift from U2.com. Ultimately, the responsibility lies with them. I paid 75 euro for one reason and one reason only….the ‘gift’.

• Subscriber
On 9/7/2021 at 6:31 AM, joshthetree said:

I didn't think the last few gifts could have been bettered

I listened to the whole show, for the first time, the other day.  I had only listened to a couple downloads.  I like to wait for the actual gift to have my first listen.  (just me)   I love this gift.  It's one of my all time favorites.  My gosh that rhythm in When Love Comes To Town is sick.  wow.  I love the whole show. Desire on it goes to a whole other level for me.  It has a small venue, intimate sound to it which I was not expecting.  They sound so very good.  Great, Great gift.  

• thumbs up 1