'COMPLETE' The 2023/2024 Gift for U2.com Subscribers

U2Community

• Admin

'complete.jpeg

'Complete

It's going to have words.
Lyrics that is.
The ones we know and the ones we're just getting used to… because they've been reimagined on Songs of Surrender.

It's going to have pictures. And drawings.
That we haven't seen before.

And stories.
That we haven't read.

It's going to be released in two volumes over the next two years.
It's 'U2: The Complete Lyrics' and Volume 1 of this bespoke publication, spanning the years 1978 to 1995, is our 2023 gift for subscribers of U2.com.
Volume II, covering 1996-2023, will follow, published for those who subscribe for 2024.

The band and their creative team are already pulling this one-off title together.
It's going to be the go-to lyrical source for any fan.

source : https://www.u2.com/news/title/complete/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• U2Community changed the title to 'COMPLETE' The 2023/2024 Gift for U2.com Subscribers
  • U2Community featured this topic
  • Subscriber

They had the perfect formula of releasing live material on a Double (or single) CD every year and they've blown it.

This better be a high quality book and not just a glorified lyric sheet that you get with a vinyl. I'm talking high quality paper - maybe even hardback. A bit brave of them to announce as well that part 2 will be next year's gift. I wonder how that announcement will impact membership sales for next year, especially if it's a non touring year.

• Like 2
  • thumbs up 5

• Subscriber

This marks the end of my fandom. Lost faith in the b(r)and.

it has been amazing, been fan since 1987, lost them between 2000 and 2015, got them back briefly for 2015~2019 but Bono’s “Look at me” book Surrender, their Blasphemous Songs of Surrender collection, insulting their original works for no other reason than generating ca$h, their ‘reluctant’ choice to play a venue that is bigger than they will ever be themselves without the founding member, and now this lame wood-wasting product centred around words their subscribing fans know from the heart, is evidence that they’re more desperate to stay ‘relevant’, than to be true to their musical and creative urge they once were.

U2 stood for something once, but now it’s just a letter and a number that we’re suppose to buy printed on merchandise. 

Goodbye Bono, you are a clever man with a big ego that made great things happen for lots of people.

Goodbye Edge, you are a very talented musician with a unique view on sound and music.

Goodbye Adam, you are an angel to yourself and should be proud on how you kept your head above the water.

Goodbye Larry, you are the true Hero, if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be writing this. Thank you for drumming your body out of shape, you truly want above and beyond. All the best with your surgery and recovery.

Goodbye fans that care, I envy how you can still enjoy it all, good on you, keep going!

Goodbye fans that don’t care (anymore), like me. Enjoy the nostalgia and freedom it will give you now you don’t have to stress out getting overpriced tickets for less quality shows.

I’ll remain a ZOO TV fan till I die, but U2 is no more for me…

Edited by OptimaX
  • thumbs up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

They had the perfect formula of releasing live material on a Double (or single) CD every year and they've blown it.

This better be a high quality book and not just a glorified lyric sheet that you get with a vinyl. I'm talking high quality paper - maybe even hardback. A bit brave of them to announce as well that part 2 will be next year's gift. I wonder how that announcement will impact membership sales for next year, especially if it's a non touring year.

Very disappointing gift! It really is. Dress it up whatever way you want. It’s a book of lyrics that we already know. What’s the point in that. Two years in a row of this? 

• thumbs up 1