child age

ANCUTA

• Subscriber

You're on the money with that, Toddy. I do think that a U2 live show would be too loud for a young child. My son is now 7, but at 5 he adored Bono (you cancheck out the pics in profile for why) but I wouldn't take him to a U2 show then. No matter how much he wanted to go. It's just too much. I actuallywouldn't take him now either. He just wouldn't sit through a whole concert. We found that out after having taken him to a couple concerts this pastfall. He just doesn't have the patience to sit through an entire concert.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

You're on the money with that, Toddy. I do think that a U2 live show would be too loud for a young child. My son is now 7, but at 5 he adored Bono (you cancheck out the pics in profile for why) but I wouldn't take him to a U2 show then. No matter how much he wanted to go. It's just too much. I actuallywouldn't take him now either. He just wouldn't sit through a whole concert. We found that out after having taken him to a couple concerts this pastfall. He just doesn't have the patience to sit through an entire concert.

ceallach67 wrote:

You're on the money with that, Toddy. I do think that a U2 live show would be too loud for a young child. My son is now 7, but at 5 he adored Bono (you can check out the pics in profile for why) but I wouldn't take him to a U2 show then. No matter how much he wanted to go. It's just too much. I actually wouldn't take him now either. He just wouldn't sit through a whole concert. We found that out after having taken him to a couple concerts this past fall. He just doesn't have the patience to sit through an entire concert.

I don't have kids (please, stop cheering world--lol), and I understand parents want their kids to enjoy what they enjoy---hell, I was a youngkid and always watched TV with my Father: Magnum PI....Don't think I got anything out of it, but I remember me and my Father laying on the floortogether...(Ya, thats right, getting a Magnum PI reference on a U2 board)....

Anyways, there just should be a cut off point for a concert (or any time and place for a young child). Once again, its your kids, please just do the rightthing....whatever that might be...

Enjoy...

I'm thinking the country your in will dictate whether a child can enter the show. Five is waaaaaaaaaay to young to be attending a rock concert. 10-12maybe. Permanent hearing damage is almost guarenteed to five year olds ears. There's no way they would allow that in the U.S. or Canada. And with the nannystate in the UK I doubt it. Romania maybe.

• Subscriber

Depends on the child however 5yo seems young...I just took my 10yo to his 1st concert Kings of Leon and had a blast but did make sure ears were protected alsohe is very tall for his age...they had restrictions that under 16yo had to have a seat (even tho still had to stand) & under 14yo had to be with an adultbut usually there are no age restrictions...Your child wont see a thing once everyone is standing & the loud music will scare them