U2 in Lebanon?

Leiladarling

Hello! I doubt you all recognize me as I hardly ever post, but I was a member here for a while then I forgot my password!

Anyways, I'm back again with a new password (laugh.gif) and I was wonderingif U2 has any plans of coming to the Middle East, particularly Lebanon? I know they wrote a song for us...that must mean something! :D

I looooove the new album as well! Stand Up Comedy, Get On Your Boots, and Crazy are three of my favorites!

Please help me out here! And thanks a lot. happy.gif

• Subscriber

Pretty much for the same reason they wouldn't play in Africa and Asia (well apart from Johannesburg and Tokyo)... they just don't play there andneither do any other bands. When was the last time Britney Spears did a gig in Uganda? :)

Uhhhh! Lebanon is NOT Uganda, first of all. We have an established venue where MANY people come to entertain us. Ever heard of Beirut? Many artists come here.If the great Liza Minnelli can do it, I don't see why they wouldn't. We get loads of bands as well....

You're so ignorant, I can't believe you would compare us to Africa. You're obviously too sucked into the media where you think Lebanon is some lowclass, poverty filled area. Ha...get off wikipedia sometime, yeah?

Can someone with an open mind and a REAL answer help me out? Thank you.

• Subscriber

Coldplay recently played in Abu Dhabi and were quite successful rockb.gif
I guess nobody can answer this question on behalf of U2. The only reasonable answer is the obvious fact that successfulmusic bands are money making business, managed by economists who tell them where is more profitable to go and where not. There are countries in Europe wherethey never played either, and it's not that we are savages or don't have money to buy U2 tickets. They just can't tour all over the world and theychoose the more profitable, less risky places. Many people made peace with that and are travelling to see them abroad.

• Subscriber

No offense was meant. I'm sure Lebanon is a nice place and all that jazz but so is um... Finland? No gig there. Romania?

Want an honest answer? The whole region is so screwed up it's no wonder big bands don't play there. Wouldn't call Lebanon the most well-off countryeither.

PS Liza Minelli? Comparing U2 to some washed up singer?

Ragoo- I said gtfo. How old are you? Twelve? I get you're Anti-Lebanese...good for you, you don't need to justify why you are. Lebanon is pretty damnwell off thank you. I love how you judge it and you don't even live here. Every region of every part of the world is "screwed up" we're justunder a magnifying glass since the U.S. put us under the spotlight. Don't be so ignorant.

"PS" Liza Minnelli is not a washed up old singer. She's still selling more than U2 till this day, so get off you little soap box already and stopacting like you know everything, yeah?

Thank you, Lilliana. Your answer was much more logical and not ignorant at all. I wish I could travel, but it is difficult for me. Plus Beirut is well loved bya lot of artists so I figured it wouldn't be such a risky place to tour. We get loads of artists. I understand though, it depends on the profits of theshow. But I'm sure we've got plenty of U2 fans here. :D We won't let them down!