U2 are missing out !!!

Carry Each Other

In my not so humble opinion, U2 are most definitely MUCH MORE worthy of action figures and lunch boxes than KISS are. I fully respect how quality is importantto U2. I know Anton is their primary photographer, so with that fact in mind, I'd like to make an educated - please validate my bOBservation -recommendation to our favorite rock group. Is Larry here to take notes?

GET TODD MCFARLAND TO MAKE AND LICENSE FIGURES OF YA!!!!

Blah, gawd, please, not Todd McFarlane! The man is synonymous with the near-collapse of the comics biz in the 1990s--style over substance, inflatedcollectibles market, bad artwork and worse writing, blahblahblah blechblechblech. While it's nice to see Image give more creative control to the folks whoactually create the books, it's hardly a novel concept in the industry; the 1980s actually saw greater diversity and artistic control in all the myriadindie comics publishers who flourished (all too briefly) before the industry consolidated and deflated.

McFarlane didn't do all the damage himself, of course; it's just that he was hyped as such a big new star artist in an era when the Big Two (DC andMarvel) manged to--long story short--shoot themselves in both feet. Damn near collapsed the whole industry, with a lot of the indies take out as collateraldamage.

By the way, this is why we've seen so many big-screen comic book adaptations over the past decade or so--Hollywood was seized upon as a last-gasp way forthe Big Two to get back on their feet.

U2 action figures? Didn't the band do that onstage at PopMart? wink.gif

-- eaplatt