10/10 NLOTH! UK GOT NLOTH YESTERDAY!

joshthetree

• Subscriber

I ordered my copy of No Line on The Horizon from HMV and received it yesterday,wooohoooimage

Won't bore you with a track by track review but here's my thoughts....

after listening to it 6 times back to back here's my verdict
very modern, better than the majority of the nineties and noughties material including 'achtung baby', 'zooropa', 'dismantle' and 'all that you cant leave' (though they had some great tunes on them like kite, newyork, beautiful day, vertigo, yahweh).
it's up there with 'war', 'the unforgetttable fire', 'the joshua tree', 'pop' and 'electrical storm'.
it's a classic - listening to it agaain now - can't wait to hear the new material 'live'

I love it too, I don't know how U2 fans can reject it so clearly. I must admit, on the first play through it really didn't sing to me except for WhiteAs Snow, though the second play through unlocked a whole new way of hearing it and it's like I didn't hear it properly the first time. Now I'mhooked on pretty much every track except for Cedars of Lebanon which is ok, but not as great as the others.

It sounds like 'Atomic Bomb' fused with the exploration around Zooropa. It has created an atmospheric sound that matches what you'll find when youopen up the album physically and look at the photographic work. I give this album top marks so far, but can't help thinking that Get on Your Bootsdoesn't fit. It sort of bursts its way in with no warning and then leaves you after such an aggressive track for the rest of the soulful and freeflowingalbum. Don't get me wrong, I love the single, but it doesn't represent the album enough. The real sound of this album lies in the other tracks.

• Subscriber

redcloud wrote:

I love it too, I don't know how U2 fans can reject it so clearly. I must admit, on the first play through it really didn't sing to me except for White As Snow, though the second play through unlocked a whole new way of hearing it and it's like I didn't hear it properly the first time. Now I'm hooked on pretty much every track except for Cedars of Lebanon which is ok, but not as great as the others.

It sounds like 'Atomic Bomb' fused with the exploration around Zooropa. It has created an atmospheric sound that matches what you'll find when you open up the album physically and look at the photographic work. I give this album top marks so far, but can't help thinking that Get on Your Boots doesn't fit. It sort of bursts its way in with no warning and then leaves you after such an aggressive track for the rest of the soulful and freeflowing album. Don't get me wrong, I love the single, but it doesn't represent the album enough. The real sound of this album lies in the other tracks.

I've listened to it on auto repeat for the last 7 hours now today and ain't bored of it - keep hearing so much different stuff ghoing onin there - love it. I wasn't sure of boots' position on the album, but to me it fits in great. White as snow is a stand-out track, my favorite trackis still Moment of Surrender - unbelievable loving it

image i started listening to the album at 7:30 am and intend to keep goingto 7:30pm!