one more thing.. please? :) I value ur opinion! seriously :)

SYCMIOYO_CA

• Subscriber

I really would love to hear, from each of you, what gets you going each day.. (example) your kids/ positive thoughts, praying/ meditating/ listening to a U2album blasted??

What numbs you, what gets you going even when the tide is so high, u can see the monster shadow behind you.. YET... I want to know how YOU turn a potentiallybad day into something good??

Ty for sharing, in advance!

• Subscriber

Hmmm, well, I guess it would depend. If I had kids, I'm sure it would be them, but I don't-I'm kind of just a kid myself. When I wake up andit's sunny and warm, that makes me happy. Driving with the windows down and U2 blasting makes me feel so full of energy. If I do something that I feel hasmade someone smile, or helped someone, that makes me feel really happy. Also, if someone does something randomly nice for me, for the rest of the day I feelvery content knowing that there are really nice people.

I do babysit these two kids, age one and two, and I absolutely love them. It's like practice for having children, and sometimes I feel like I almost lovethem as if they were my kids.

Lately, thinking about the fact that I will be going to four U2 shows this September can make just about any bad day a lot brighter!

Well, if my day is f*cked up, I just take a nap and start over again. LOL! That's easy for me to say because I am my own boss. My kids are grown now, butwhen they were little I use to crank music up full blast and dance, and dance and dance, then I would go to work. I'm probably not the best person torespond to this cuz honestly I haven't been happy for awhile now, I just go through the motions, hence the reason for a nap. If I get horribly down, I gosurfing and there's nothing better than big "high tide" shorebreak and facing the monster head on. The sun, waves, and alone time cleanse thesoul. So, my answer in a nutshell, get up, go surfing, then take a nap, repeat as necessary.

Well, I have to get up to see my son off to school. I then take the dog for his walk in the park and I listen to the birds singing, look at the flowers, watchthe birds flying or the dog chasing squirrals and rabbits. I'm a natural optomist and just think that there's always some bastard worse off than me.

I just thank God that I have clean water to drink, enough food to feed my family, clothes on my back, warmth if it's cold and access to medicine. I'mvery privaledged

• Subscriber

Like a lot of people, I think I take things for granted such as.....my health, me freedom, people who love me and the people I love, my wife and kids, andhaving a job that I do not hate. I saw a interesting sign on a church marquee that read, "Prayer...is it your steering wheel or your spare tire?"Honestly, to me it is my spare tire. I only do it when I really feel like things are getting out of my control. I must say that U2 has always been that greatfriend that I can listen to and feel a lot better about things that are dwelling in my mind. If I met them, that would be the thing I would thank themfor...Peace of Mind! Great question and a very cool picture for your photo, Sycmioyo CA.

• Subscriber

all these answers are so very inspiring... I guess we choose to have set backs if we don't take positive action to move forward...?!??... at the end ofthe day, what we do? Is it for the greater good? Is it temporary?? I guess I am just very curious to find out what works for everyone.... I so very muchappreciate reading each and every answer to this topic!! :)
Believe it or not, I just started my day... yep... just woke up lol @ 1:35 pm... and this is one thing I look forward to doing.. coming to the boards here andreading all the wonderful posts, and great pictures you have all posted.... It makes me smile even knowing where I am headed later this afternoon LOL!!!
Love & Peace!
Rita

Well, what sustains me every day is the Grace of God.

Grace taught me to be tolerant with all people including myself, taught me not to point out the flaws of others but see mine flaws. Grace taught me to begrateful to God. Grace taught me to value the sacrifice of Jesus. Grace showed me that I spent twelve years attending a church and I had become a religious andhypocritical and that the problem was not in church but to me, because today still attend the same church, but having a faith and not a religion.

By coincidence the first song I heard today was "Grace."

"Grace finds beauty in everything"

Baby, the only part of a bad day that you can change is yourself. Remember that.

About kids I have two little beautiful girls: Bianca and Giovanna. The most beautiful gifts that God gave me this life.

These days, I sign onto my computer and within minutes am engaged in work and discussion with people all over the world through a variety of online tools:skype, secondlife, plurk, twitter...speaking and working with people in Israel, South Africa, Brazil, New York, Canada. I must admit it is pretty cool andmakes me very excited about living in the now!

Don't get me started on the Singularity--that rapidly approaching moment of exponential leaps in and convergence of new technologies which may radicallyalter most human paradigms, and provide us new methods for addressing and potentially solving some of our most pressing issues.... (fingers of optimism arecrossed!)

• Subscriber

SYCMIOYO CA wrote:

I really would love to hear, from each of you, what gets you going each day.. (example) your kids/ positive thoughts, praying/ meditating/ listening to a U2 album blasted??

What numbs you, what gets you going even when the tide is so high, u can see the monster shadow behind you.. YET... I want to know how YOU turn a potentially bad day into something good??

Ty for sharing, in advance!

Yeah...my kids get me going alright!! No..good question, trying to be positive, praying, meditating

Walk out, into the sunburst street

Sing your heart out, sing my heart out

I've found grace inside a sound

I found grace, it's all that I found

And I can breathe

Breathe now

I also, like to keep busy, busy being creative, being with people who make me laugh and making other people laugh...but they're mostly laughing atme...laugh.gif

What numbs me??

hm....that's an easy one!

: X

And when the Monster Shadow is behind me, I just turn around and kick him in the balls with my sexy boots!!