70/80,s-90,s-00,s youre favourite decade musically.

meweavy

70s/80s

90,s

00,s

whats youre favourite decade u2 wise musically

is it boy-ratttle and hum

acthung baby to pop

or atyclb-present.

personlly i think that boy/joshua tree and unforgettable fire have to be their finest albums.plus the 70/80,s u2 were a lot more raw with thier sound so for meits the very early u2.

that said when they reinvented thierselves musically with achtung baby.to pop.that was mind blowing also.

but the real old stuff is my favourite.

anybody else.

• Subscriber

Yep - have to agree - first three albums are my favourite era. Just rewatched the Blood Red Sky DVD and remembered what a great live act they were in thosedays - much more spikey/new wavey/punky - some great live tapes need dusting down from the back of my cupboard!!!!!

• Subscriber

My favorite album is The Unforgettable Fire. But U2 has some incredible moments musically in all three decades; 80's, 90's and the 00's. AchtungBaby is an outstanding 90's offering as was the entire ZooTV tour experience. The Elevation Tour, I would say, was the best offering in the 00's, this far anyhow. I think this new tour and the innovative stage desgin and such just may trump the Elevation Tour. Though at this moment in time, it'stoo soon to tell.

I gotta say, I'm confused about the mention of the 70's to be honest.

• Subscriber

My favorite album is The Unforgettable Fire. But U2 has some incredible moments musically in all three decades; 80's, 90's and the 00's. AchtungBaby is an outstanding 90's offering as was the entire ZooTV tour experience. The Elevation Tour, I would say, was the best offering in the 00's, this far anyhow. I think this new tour and the innovative stage desgin and such just may trump the Elevation Tour. Though at this moment in time, it'stoo soon to tell.

ceallach67 wrote:

My favorite album is The Unforgettable Fire. But U2 has some incredible moments musically in all three decades; 80's, 90's and the 00's. Achtung Baby is an outstanding 90's offering as was the entire ZooTV tour experience. The Elevation Tour, I would say, was the best offering in the 00's, this far anyhow. I think this new tour and the innovative stage desgin and such just may trump the Elevation Tour. Though at this moment in time, it's too soon to tell.

woops.my bad.boy came out in 1980.so ignore the 70,s bit.

but for me it is the very early u2 right up until joshua tree.that was when they were raw.with that massive old u2 sound.the joshua tree redux pack.that u2live in paris dvd has to be the best set list i have seen(pop mexico is a very close 2nd).

but that live in paris dvd is sublime.u2 at thier very best.

the 90,s were amazing also and for me there isnt that much in it.to go from the old u2 to the massive zoo tv tour and pop mart tour.was a huge change indirection.but for me the old u2 were the best years.

I thought you meant, overall, not U2 wise. My obvious choice there would be 70s. Clearly, one of the greatest bands emerged at the beginning of the 70s (DeepPurple, Led Zeppelin etc).

U2-wise?

Probably 90s. Achtung Baby era... But I Like ATYCLB too... :)

I thought you meant, overall, not U2 wise. My obvious choice there would be 70s. Clearly, one of the greatest bands emerged at the beginning of the 70s (DeepPurple, Led Zeppelin etc).

U2-wise?

Probably 90s. Achtung Baby era... But I Like ATYCLB too... :)

• Subscriber

U2 seem to do albums in trilogies ...

Boy/October/War - the early post punk/new wave/angry young man sound

Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree/Rattle And Hum - the BIG stadium sound

Achtung Baby/Zoorpopa/Pop - the "post U2" new direction

All That You.../How To Dismantle.../No Line...- a bit of a back to basics and culmination of the other three trilogies but has more in common withUnforgettable Fire era than the "90s" set.

Which trilogy do you prefer? I love the new album but still prefer the first albums sound and live sets.

• Subscriber

I don't know .... I Used to Listen to the Album 3 per 3

boy october war + uabrs

Uf JT rattle&hum

AT zooropa! Pop

atyclb htdaab .....................

and then nloh