What you dislike about U2?

• Subscriber

mayra11 wrote:

May I ask you something? why are you paying $32 or maybe $50 for this membership if you don't like some things about U2?

May I ask where the mentalilty came from that if you're a fan of U2 it's the law that you have to love everything they do? Was there some kind offine print that I missed that said fans weren't allowed to dislike something?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

mayra11 wrote:

May I ask you something? why are you paying $32 or maybe $50 for this membership if you don't like some things about U2?

May I ask where the mentalilty came from that if you're a fan of U2 it's the law that you have to love everything they do? Was there some kind offine print that I missed that said fans weren't allowed to dislike something?

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote: May I ask where the mentalilty came from that if you're a fan of U2 it's the law that you have to love everything they do? Was there some kind of fine print that I missed that said fans weren't allowed to dislike something?

You're not actually saying that you have friends who do things you dislike or with whom you disagree, are you???!!

• Subscriber

acrobat82 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote: May I ask where the mentalilty came from that if you're a fan of U2 it's the law that you have to love everything they do? Was there some kind of fine print that I missed that said fans weren't allowed to dislike something?

You're not actually saying that you have friends who do things you dislike or with whom you disagree, are you???!!

Eeeek!! I am and I do. Does that make me weird??

• Subscriber

acrobat82 wrote:

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

acrobat82 wrote:

Then again, I've read some really weird posts on this board (prince bono, anyone?)...

• Subscriber

If Bruce doesn't play Born to Run tomorrow night might make me a little disappointed but I'll still be a huge fan.

As for U2.....

They're my fave band but I'd love Bono a lot more if he's shut up during shows and play more music. We're all adults, we read the news, we knowwhat steps we need to take to be "green", "solve world hunger" and whatever else he might be on about. He uses up a good 10 minutes or sofor chatter...and well to me that's two more songs that could have been added to the setlist.

Concentrate on the music - twice they've left some really good tracks off their cd (Mercy, Winter). Why was this album such a struggle? I like it butnothing beats Achtung or even ATYCLB songwriting imo (thats in my opinion)

Regarding the site - the band themselves have no control over it but TO THE MAKERS OF THIS SITE: Please continue to work out the bugs...some days I get in;some days I don't. Also I'd be keen on a Blackberry U2com version. I loved being able to get on the old site...but this one doesn't let me past themain page :(