To U2, not that they woud read this!

Shonuff75

Not only are you one of the only bands I have seen that charges people to be members of their fan club, but you let most of your tickets get bought up by allthese ticket scalpers!!! So true fans of your music, people who pay money to be a part of your web site to get early access, etc. can't even get tickets toyour shows. But you probably don't care. Your tickets are selling and these scam artists ticket scalpers make it near impossible for normal folks to beable to afford to come see you. The people who have been there from the beginning and who love your music may never see you play.

Wow, I wonder when you guys were first playing music for the actual LOVE of it, did you ever think, that you couldn't make enough money? Does it bother you that so many people, fans of yours, won't be able to see you? Why aren't you guys goingto New Orleans? The city needs help. You had no problem playing there for the first game the Saints played after Hurricane Katrina. Why won't you go now;not enough publicity? Did New Orleans not offer enough money?

A very sad fan

Shonuff75 wrote:

Not only are you one of the only bands I have seen that charges people to be members of their fan club, but you let most of your tickets get bought up by all these ticket scalpers!!! So true fans of your music, people who pay money to be a part of your web site to get early access, etc. can't even get tickets to your shows. But you probably don't care. Your tickets are selling and these scam artists ticket scalpers make it near impossible for normal folks to be able to afford to come see you. The people who have been there from the beginning and who love your music may never see you play.

Wow, I wonder when you guys were first playing music for the actual LOVE of it, did you ever think, that you couldn't make
enough
money? Does it bother you that so many people, fans of yours, won't be able to see you? Why aren't you guys going to New Orleans? The city needs help. You had no problem playing there for the first game the Saints played after Hurricane Katrina. Why won't you go now; not enough publicity? Did New Orleans not offer enough money?

A very sad fan

3594826944_f1ce17fc05_o.jpg

1. Pretty much everyone (99%) who joined and hit the presale got a seat they wanted.

2. Let them be bought up by ticket scalpers? U2 are one of the few bands that don't directly sell tickets to brokers. Your beef is with Ticketmaster.

3. They may play New Orleans next year. For fucks sake, they haven't played where I live (Oklahoma) in 26 years. This October will be the first one since1983. Yeah, thats right, I had to TRAVEL to see U2. I didn't sit around and bitch about it on an internet forum using substantial amounts of imbecilichyperbole.

4. New Orleans itself would not "offer money." It is the promoter who makes such decisions (LiveNation).

5. Yeah, Katrina sucked. The way it was handled sucked. But you don't live in the only place that disaster has hit. Hell,I drive by the bombing memorial onmy way to work. Lots of places and people "need help." U2 are not going to solve your city, or my city's problems. Get over it.

Shit, if you've been around and seen some of my posts, I can be pretty critical of some of the things they have done. But, you just come off as a spoiledtroll-doll (albeit, with no redeeming qualities such as the kooky hair), who is a whiney little baby to boot.

• Subscriber

roll.gif I'm quite sure that every board member who wantedtickets, got them from LiveNation/TicketMaster, not a scalper-site. Didn't like every member who (re)subscribed in time got their pre-sale code right intime? I think or LV was the only show where there were some problems...

Considering that the OP has registered a day ago, I'm qualified enough to say that he missed the presale (just by some two months roll.gif), so s/he is now blaming U2 and their team for his/her own stupidity.smokin.gif

• Subscriber

i'd probably be upset too if i had just joined, paid $50, gotten nothing (because its taking ages to get the subscription gift) and didn't get a chanceto get tickets not knowing that had i joined sooner i'd have gotten the tickets i wanted.

having said that, i'd probably also feel pretty stupid when i found out i was only few months late, which is not u2's fault

better luck next time.

Shonuff75 wrote:

Not only are you one of the only bands I have seen that charges people to be members of their fan club, but you let most of your tickets get bought up by all these ticket scalpers!!! So true fans of your music, people who pay money to be a part of your web site to get early access, etc. can't even get tickets to your shows. But you probably don't care. Your tickets are selling and these scam artists ticket scalpers make it near impossible for normal folks to be able to afford to come see you. The people who have been there from the beginning and who love your music may never see you play.

Wow, I wonder when you guys were first playing music for the actual LOVE of it, did you ever think, that you couldn't make
enough
money? Does it bother you that so many people, fans of yours, won't be able to see you? Why aren't you guys going to New Orleans? The city needs help. You had no problem playing there for the first game the Saints played after Hurricane Katrina. Why won't you go now; not enough publicity? Did New Orleans not offer enough money?

A very sad fan

Great first post, but such a shame you are talking complete and utter bollocks. As a non paying member what gives you the right to speak on behalfof other paying members?

I'm sure that 99% of subscribers to this site got the all the tickets they wanted in the presales and just out of interest tickets were fairly easy toobtain via the general sales too. You obviously never tried, did you? Too busy sulking because they are not playing your town on this leg of tour.

You never know now that they will have obviously read your post they may play in your back yard in 2010 so that you don't even have to leave your house. U2are good like that with their true fans such as yourself......eyes.gif

Look, I've been a U2 fan since 1983 and I've seen them live ever since the Joshua Tree tour.

Back in those days, venues held lotteries to decide who purchased tickets first (fan or not).

There were many times that I missed out on a great seat because of this system, in some cases, I did not get a seat and had to travel to another city to seeU2!!

I wish these guys would come to El Paso, TX again but guess what, they are not likely to come here again...maybe when they are in their 60s and out of thelimelight.

Anyway...as a paying member, this system is not the best but it does work.

New Orleans, I feel for you, but times are tough all over and if U2 is not coming then travel somewhere near.

And what do you mean U2 hasn't done anything for N.O.!!! Have you forgotten "Music Rising"??!!

Anyway...hang tight, there may be a second or third leg tour after the football season which will free up the Superdome.pimp.gif

• Subscriber

Dear Sad Fan;

Show me one artist that doesn't have a charge for a fan club membership. Even back in the day before internet, artists had fan clubs and there was always amembership fee included. And about the fan club membership; with that comes a presale code. Of course, first dibs on the presale go to those members who havebeen paying all along to be a part of the fan club even when there wasn't a tour scheduled. You know, this way you're sure to get the presale codesinto the hands of actual and long time fans. Those that signed up just because of tour may have missed out, but, understand this is what ticket scalpers do.They join a fanclub just prior to a worldwide tour in order to get a crack at presale codes.

Now about money. What do you think it costs to build, set up, take down and transport an entire stage set up around the world? Well let's just say itain't cheap. And while you may believe the band should work for free, the road crew and touring staff should not. By the way, the first moment you'rewilling to forego a salary and work your job for free out of the sheer goodness of your heart, let the band know and maybe they'll follow suit.

New Orleans; can't answer for certain, however, there are several stadiums the band isn't playing on this first North American leg. In case youdidn't realize it is smack dab in the middle of football season. In addition to that, some franchises weren't agreeable when it came down to lettingtheir stadiums be used for a concert.

Hope that answers your questions and or concerns.

A Realistic Fan

• Subscriber

Dear Sad Fan;

Show me one artist that doesn't have a charge for a fan club membership. Even back in the day before internet, artists had fan clubs and there was always amembership fee included. And about the fan club membership; with that comes a presale code. Of course, first dibs on the presale go to those members who havebeen paying all along to be a part of the fan club even when there wasn't a tour scheduled. You know, this way you're sure to get the presale codesinto the hands of actual and long time fans. Those that signed up just because of tour may have missed out, but, understand this is what ticket scalpers do.They join a fanclub just prior to a worldwide tour in order to get a crack at presale codes.

Now about money. What do you think it costs to build, set up, take down and transport an entire stage set up around the world? Well let's just say itain't cheap. And while you may believe the band should work for free, the road crew and touring staff should not. By the way, the first moment you'rewilling to forego a salary and work your job for free out of the sheer goodness of your heart, let the band know and maybe they'll follow suit.

New Orleans; can't answer for certain, however, there are several stadiums the band isn't playing on this first North American leg. In case youdidn't realize it is smack dab in the middle of football season. In addition to that, some franchises weren't agreeable when it came down to lettingtheir stadiums be used for a concert.

Hope that answers your questions and or concerns.

A Realistic Fan

Shonuff75 wrote:

enough

A very sad fan

U2 are c***s.