Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

ceallach67 wrote:

As far as AB is concerned, I loved the album on first listen. NLOTH... eh... not so much.

Which is funny because I had a hard time getting into AB on the first listen, but loved No Line immediately.

Now they are both my favorites.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ceallach67 wrote:

As far as AB is concerned, I loved the album on first listen. NLOTH... eh... not so much.

Which is funny because I had a hard time getting into AB on the first listen, but loved No Line immediately.

ceallach67 wrote:

• Subscriber

Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

That is funny. I guess I loved AB because it was so different than JT and R & H. It had an unexpected edge (pardon the pun).

No Line has grown on me though there are still some songs I skip over. I'm excited about hearing the new songs live and I'm sure that'll pump upmy love for the new album. Live has always been where it's at for me with U2. They excel live and I would have to say, imo, they are one of the best liveacts ever.

• Subscriber

Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

That is funny. I guess I loved AB because it was so different than JT and R & H. It had an unexpected edge (pardon the pun).

No Line has grown on me though there are still some songs I skip over. I'm excited about hearing the new songs live and I'm sure that'll pump upmy love for the new album. Live has always been where it's at for me with U2. They excel live and I would have to say, imo, they are one of the best liveacts ever.

LOL...you are confused by your close to New Jersey location....Bruce is not even in the conversation of "Greatest Rock Bands of alltime"....hmmm...this would make a good topic!! (U2, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors...these are the bands that come up in this discussion) Bruce isa solo act. The "Eaststreet Band" backs him up. His name resinates large in America, but not so much World Wide. "Born in the USA" madehim famous in America. Not so much around the world.

U2 are the godfathers of "Alternative Rock"....they built the format....you must not be a fan of "Alternative Rock" if you can't hearwhats great about the new album...they remain cutting edge!! (Just like WAR/Achtung/Zooropa/POP) They experiment and create more then any other band. This iswhat makes them great. This is what is better about this album more then the last 2 (and I love the last 2 in some ways) They went back to experimenting,instead of doing what the "Joshua Tree" fans wanted (a back to basic approach) Which is why they suspended the Lillywhite sessions, and went back toEno to create "New and Alternative" Rock music. They are cutting edge again. Please bring us more great alternative rock tunes like "NoLine", "Magnificent", "Unknown Caller", "Breathe", "Fez". I love the songs they created with Eno. "CrazyTonight" I believe was leftover from the Lillywhite sessions. A more basic song, that grows into Edge's amazing guitar melody. We will never agreeon your criticism of the new album. U2 has always been experimenters, it's what makes them so great.

I look forward to your response....I will let you get in the last word of sorts tongue02.gif

Cheers from the West Coast!

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

LOL...you are confused by your close to New Jersey location....Bruce is not even in the conversation of "Greatest Rock Bands of all time"....hmmm...this would make a good topic!! (U2, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors...these are the bands that come up in this discussion) Bruce is a solo act. The "Eaststreet Band" backs him up. His name resinates large in America, but not so much World Wide. "Born in the USA" made him famous in America. Not so much around the world.

U2 are the godfathers of "Alternative Rock"....they built the format....you must not be a fan of "Alternative Rock" if you can't hear whats great about the new album...they remain cutting edge!! (Just like WAR/Achtung/Zooropa/POP) They experiment and create more then any other band. This is what makes them great. This is what is better about this album more then the last 2 (and I love the last 2 in some ways) They went back to experimenting, instead of doing what the "Joshua Tree" fans wanted (a back to basic approach) Which is why they suspended the Lillywhite sessions, and went back to Eno to create "New and Alternative" Rock music. They are cutting edge again. Please bring us more great alternative rock tunes like "No Line", "Magnificent", "Unknown Caller", "Breathe", "Fez". I love the songs they created with Eno. "Crazy Tonight" I believe was leftover from the Lillywhite sessions. A more basic song, that grows into Edge's amazing guitar melody. We will never agree on your criticism of the new album. U2 has always been experimenters, it's what makes them so great.

I look forward to your response....I will let you get in the last word of sorts
tongue02.gif

i can't agree more smokin.gif

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

LOL...you are confused by your close to New Jersey location....Bruce is not even in the conversation of "Greatest Rock Bands of all time"....hmmm...this would make a good topic!! (U2, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors...these are the bands that come up in this discussion) Bruce is a solo act. The "Eaststreet Band" backs him up. His name resinates large in America, but not so much World Wide. "Born in the USA" made him famous in America. Not so much around the world.

U2 are the godfathers of "Alternative Rock"....they built the format....you must not be a fan of "Alternative Rock" if you can't hear whats great about the new album...they remain cutting edge!! (Just like WAR/Achtung/Zooropa/POP) They experiment and create more then any other band. This is what makes them great. This is what is better about this album more then the last 2 (and I love the last 2 in some ways) They went back to experimenting, instead of doing what the "Joshua Tree" fans wanted (a back to basic approach) Which is why they suspended the Lillywhite sessions, and went back to Eno to create "New and Alternative" Rock music. They are cutting edge again. Please bring us more great alternative rock tunes like "No Line", "Magnificent", "Unknown Caller", "Breathe", "Fez". I love the songs they created with Eno. "Crazy Tonight" I believe was leftover from the Lillywhite sessions. A more basic song, that grows into Edge's amazing guitar melody. We will never agree on your criticism of the new album. U2 has always been experimenters, it's what makes them so great.

tongue02.gif

Gee... just big in Jersey, huh? Really? Odd considering Springsteen has sold out all over the US on this tour and is now playing sold out dates in Europe aswe speak.

Oh and about that top artists of all time conversation stuff, you might want to check out Rolling Stone Magazines top artist list called the Immortals;

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5939214/the_immortals_the_first_fifty

Here's the top 50 to save you the trouble of clicking on the link.

It is a fundamental lesson in the history of rock & roll and its continuing power to inspire and transform. The Immortals is a tribute to those who createdrock & roll, written by their peers and heirs, those who have learned from their innovations, struggles and legacies.

1) The Beatles by Elvis Costello

2) Bob Dylan by Robbie Robertson

3) Elvis Presley by Bono

4) The Rolling Stones by Steven VanZandt

5) Chuck Berry by Joe Perry

6) Jimi Hendrix by John Mayer

7) James Brown by Rick Rubin

8) Little Richard by Little Richard

9) Aretha Franklin by Jerry Wexler

10) Ray Charles by Van Morrison

11) Bob Marley by Wyclef Jean

12) The Beach Boys by LindseyBuckingham

13) Buddy Holly by John Mellencamp

14) Led Zeppelin by Dave Grohl

15) Stevie Wonder by Elton John

16) Sam Cooke by Art Garfunkel

17) Muddy Watters by Billy Gibbons

18) Marvin Gaye by Smokey Robinson

19) The Velvet Underground by JulianCasablancas

20) Bo Diddley by Iggy Pop

21) Otis Redding by Steve Cropper

22) U2 by Chris Martin

23) Bruce Springsteen by JacksonBrowne

24) Jerry Lee Lewis by Moby

25) Fats Domino by Dr. John

26) The Ramones by Lenny Kaye

27) Nirvana by Vernon Reid

28) Prince by Ahmir Thompson

29) The Who by Eddie Vedder

30) The Clash by The Edge

31) Johnny Cash by KrisKristofferson

32) Smokey Robinson and the Miracles by BobSeger

33) The Everly Brothers by PaulSimon

34) Neil Young by Flea

35) Michael Jackson by Antonio "LA"Reid

36) Madonna by Britney Spears

37) Roy Orbison by K.D. Lang

38) John Lennon by Lenny Kravitz

39) David Bowie by Lou Reed

40) Simon and Garfunkel by JamesTaylor

41) The Doors by Marilyn Manson

42) Van Morrison by Peter Wolf

43) Sly and the Family Stone by DonWas

44) Public Enemy by Adam Yauch

45) The Byrds by Tom Petty

46) Janis Joplin by Rosanne Cash

47) Patti Smith by Shirley Manson

48) Run-DMC by Chuck D

49) Elton John by Billy Joel

50) The Band by Lucinda Williams

This is just one of the lists out there... if you look up more you'll see Springsteen's place. And btw... he wasn't considered a solo actwhen he came out. His band... which btw, is the E Street Band, was not just his backing band. The greatest artists list of all time doesn't justinclude bands either.

So I'm "Confused about my Jersey location?" LOL... what does that make you? Just confused I guess, huh?

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

tongue02.gif

Gee... just big in Jersey, huh? Really? Odd considering Springsteen has sold out all over the US on this tour and is now playing sold out dates in Europe aswe speak.

Oh and about that top artists of all time conversation stuff, you might want to check out Rolling Stone Magazines top artist list called the Immortals;

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5939214/the_immortals_the_first_fifty

Here's the top 50 to save you the trouble of clicking on the link.

It is a fundamental lesson in the history of rock & roll and its continuing power to inspire and transform. The Immortals is a tribute to those who createdrock & roll, written by their peers and heirs, those who have learned from their innovations, struggles and legacies.

1) The Beatles by Elvis Costello

2) Bob Dylan by Robbie Robertson

3) Elvis Presley by Bono

4) The Rolling Stones by Steven VanZandt

5) Chuck Berry by Joe Perry

6) Jimi Hendrix by John Mayer

7) James Brown by Rick Rubin

8) Little Richard by Little Richard

9) Aretha Franklin by Jerry Wexler

10) Ray Charles by Van Morrison

11) Bob Marley by Wyclef Jean

12) The Beach Boys by LindseyBuckingham

13) Buddy Holly by John Mellencamp

14) Led Zeppelin by Dave Grohl

15) Stevie Wonder by Elton John

16) Sam Cooke by Art Garfunkel

17) Muddy Watters by Billy Gibbons

18) Marvin Gaye by Smokey Robinson

19) The Velvet Underground by JulianCasablancas

20) Bo Diddley by Iggy Pop

21) Otis Redding by Steve Cropper

22) U2 by Chris Martin

23) Bruce Springsteen by JacksonBrowne

24) Jerry Lee Lewis by Moby

25) Fats Domino by Dr. John

26) The Ramones by Lenny Kaye

27) Nirvana by Vernon Reid

28) Prince by Ahmir Thompson

29) The Who by Eddie Vedder

30) The Clash by The Edge

31) Johnny Cash by KrisKristofferson

32) Smokey Robinson and the Miracles by BobSeger

33) The Everly Brothers by PaulSimon

34) Neil Young by Flea

35) Michael Jackson by Antonio "LA"Reid

36) Madonna by Britney Spears

37) Roy Orbison by K.D. Lang

38) John Lennon by Lenny Kravitz

39) David Bowie by Lou Reed

40) Simon and Garfunkel by JamesTaylor

41) The Doors by Marilyn Manson

42) Van Morrison by Peter Wolf

43) Sly and the Family Stone by DonWas

44) Public Enemy by Adam Yauch

45) The Byrds by Tom Petty

46) Janis Joplin by Rosanne Cash

47) Patti Smith by Shirley Manson

48) Run-DMC by Chuck D

49) Elton John by Billy Joel

50) The Band by Lucinda Williams

This is just one of the lists out there... if you look up more you'll see Springsteen's place. And btw... he wasn't considered a solo actwhen he came out. His band... which btw, is the E Street Band, was not just his backing band. The greatest artists list of all time doesn't justinclude bands either.

So I'm "Confused about my Jersey location?" LOL... what does that make you? Just confused I guess, huh?

• Subscriber

... as per Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938174/the_rs_500_greatest_albums_of_all_time

Lists Born to Run at number 18. Not too shabby for a little old Jersey boy, huh?

Oh and just to clarify before I'm misunderstood yet again and accused on the basis of assumption of my location (which I'm a little put off as to whywas mentioned by someone who does not know me, let alone how it was known and made an issue of here), I am in no way saying that Springsteen is better than U2or vice versa. That is an opinion of preference and a matter I would never take part in debating. It's pointless to argue personal preference. But Iwill say, despite the out of line assumptions about my location, I would consider myself a bigger U2 fan than a Springsteen one. Mostly because I reallystopped listening to Springsteen after The River album while I've continued listening to U2 all along.

But it's ridiculous to say U2 is bigger than Springsteen. They're both equally popular artists worldwide.