Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

As Bruce himself said in the U2 Hall of Fame Induction speach..."U2 is the last band we will know all the names of" (John Paul RingoGeorge......Bono, Larry, Adam, The Edge)

My fiance is from Croatia (ex Yugoslavia), and she moved to the states 8 years ago. She had not heard of "Bruce Springsteen" before moving here.Being European, she definitely knows who U2 are.

Not sure you all realize how big U2 is in the world. Keep in mind they are a "European Band" who are as big as Bruce in his own country (I saybigger). Around the world, its really not even close.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

As Bruce himself said in the U2 Hall of Fame Induction speach..."U2 is the last band we will know all the names of" (John Paul Ringo George......Bono, Larry, Adam, The Edge)

My fiance is from Croatia (ex Yugoslavia), and she moved to the states 8 years ago. She had not heard of "Bruce Springsteen" before moving here. Being European, she definitely knows who U2 are.

Not sure you all realize how big U2 is in the world. Keep in mind they are a "European Band" who are as big as Bruce in his own country (I say bigger). Around the world, its really not even close.

I know how big U2 is. And I know how big Bruce is too. They are equally as popular. Why you don't seem to want to acknowledge that is beyond me.

I heard what Bruce said in his Hall of Fame speech too, but even Larry himself made a joke about people not knowing his and Adam's names. People whodon't know much of U2 know of Bono and Edge and that's usually it. I've got news for you; I know a person who not only lived all her life in thiscountry but graduated merely two years before I did who just a few years ago I had to tell her who U2 was. Granted I was shocked she didn't know who theywere, too. But, hey, what can you do?

Since you obviously refuse to believe that Springsteen is known as much as U2, regardless of the fact that Bruce is selling out shows all over the country andis right now playing sold out shows in Europe, it's time to just let it go. Agree to disagree and let it go.

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

As Bruce himself said in the U2 Hall of Fame Induction speach..."U2 is the last band we will know all the names of" (John Paul Ringo George......Bono, Larry, Adam, The Edge)

My fiance is from Croatia (ex Yugoslavia), and she moved to the states 8 years ago. She had not heard of "Bruce Springsteen" before moving here. Being European, she definitely knows who U2 are.

Not sure you all realize how big U2 is in the world. Keep in mind they are a "European Band" who are as big as Bruce in his own country (I say bigger). Around the world, its really not even close.

I know how big U2 is. And I know how big Bruce is too. They are equally as popular. Why you don't seem to want to acknowledge that is beyond me.

I heard what Bruce said in his Hall of Fame speech too, but even Larry himself made a joke about people not knowing his and Adam's names. People whodon't know much of U2 know of Bono and Edge and that's usually it. I've got news for you; I know a person who not only lived all her life in thiscountry but graduated merely two years before I did who just a few years ago I had to tell her who U2 was. Granted I was shocked she didn't know who theywere, too. But, hey, what can you do?

Since you obviously refuse to believe that Springsteen is known as much as U2, regardless of the fact that Bruce is selling out shows all over the country andis right now playing sold out shows in Europe, it's time to just let it go. Agree to disagree and let it go.

Scott Montes wrote:

OH I do realize it alright.

Scott Montes wrote:

Scott Montes wrote:

Scott Montes wrote:

Scott Montes wrote:

Scott Montes wrote: