Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

ceallach67 wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

It's rumored that radio stations have stopped playing U2's new songs, they (radio stations) haven't been paying for on-air play.

Wrong! Magnificent has quite an extensive air-play here.

Sorry, Kris, none of U2's new singles are getting air play here. The old stuff is, but none of the new is being played in regular rotation, if at all.

I've heard Magnificent on New York radio numerous times.

I think people are reading too much into why it's not on the radio.

Ponder this thought:

Beautiful Day went #1 worldwide and was all over the radio.

Boots and Magnificent didn't and isn't.

That simple.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Montes wrote:

I am pretty sure I speak for a lot of people on this website who are sick and tired of the "negativity" that so called fans bring to this site. I swear you people make yourselves feel better about your lives by putting others down, and being overly critical of the new sound. I also remember the same type of criticisim when "Actung Baby" was released...I was tired of it then...I am tired of it now! (Because I can hear how cool the new album is!!)

The boys are 50...they are still making relevant cool music...stop and smell the roses...and REJOICE in the greatest band of all time!!! (they will never be what they were at 20 or 30, we all should know this. But what they are doing is still beautiful, and very cool!!) There are many great moments in "Crazy Tonight"

PS...What the heck does our Nationality have to do with this discussion?? For gods sake we are One World , "One Love...Sisters....Brothers!!"

Add me to the list of people who agree with you 100%.

I come here to celebrate the greatest rock and roll band of all time, and I don't want to hear anything to the contrary, especially from a supposed fan whohas paid to be part of this website - it's ridiculous.

You don't like the album or song as much as another U2 album or song - FINE.

But don't come here and say this or that sucks because NOTHING they have done sucks - and 95 % of what they have done rests somewhere between VERY good andPHENOMENAL.

Keep your negativity to yourself.

Obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way, and I've been through this with a few of you once before already.

Love,

Tim

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Don't see how the quoted Bono lyrics apply to anything I've said, but glad you're over it. It was never an issue to be worried about.

Gah... you got Red Zone tickets, huh? Lucky you. And for the Vegas show too? Cool.

I'm still waiting and counting down the days til Giants Stadium in Sept. Hoping on a swing through Philly in 2010, too.

You're not here (ridiculously) telling everyone how much better the Bay City Rollers are than U2 again, are you?

What the hell are you talking about?

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Don't see how the quoted Bono lyrics apply to anything I've said, but glad you're over it. It was never an issue to be worried about.

Gah... you got Red Zone tickets, huh? Lucky you. And for the Vegas show too? Cool.

I'm still waiting and counting down the days til Giants Stadium in Sept. Hoping on a swing through Philly in 2010, too.

You're not here (ridiculously) telling everyone how much better the Bay City Rollers are than U2 again, are you?

ceallach67 wrote:

What I'm TALKING about is how you are always one of the few people here defending somebody's right to crap on the band.

Does somebody have the right to come here and say this U2 song sucks or that U2 song sucks?

Yeah.

Does it make them look ridiculous when 95% of U2 fans adore 95% of their music and at least appreciate the rest?

ABSOLUTELY.

You can try to defend that but you are going to upset more U2 fans here than you are going to win over with your way of thinking.

EDIT: Very true, you can take a piss at the band as long as its respectful, they dont mind- Baja

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

What I'm TALKING about is how you are always one of the few people here defending somebody's right to crap on the band.

Does somebody have the right to come here and say this U2 song sucks or that U2 song sucks?

Yeah.

Does it make them look ridiculous when 95% of U2 fans adore 95% of their music and at least appreciate the rest?

ABSOLUTELY.

You can try to defend that but you are going to upset more U2 fans here than you are going to win over with your way of thinking.

...What the hell are you talking about? Defending people's right to crap on the band? THAT'S what you got out what I was saying? Wow. Really? That's what you get out of me simply saying everyone has an opinion and can express said opinion? Yeah... how irrational of me.

You really never did get what I was saying, did you? I suspect you never will.

Just to spell it out for you, I never supported bashing of the band nor did I ever support anyone who said U2 sucks. But obviously you missed that too. Here's a thought... the next time you try to come after me or try to call me out on something, make sure it's about something I actually DID say. Okay?

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Yeah.

ABSOLUTELY.

...What the hell are you talking about? Defending people's right to crap on the band? THAT'S what you got out what I was saying? Wow. Really? That's what you get out of me simply saying everyone has an opinion and can express said opinion? Yeah... how irrational of me.

You really never did get what I was saying, did you? I suspect you never will.

Just to spell it out for you, I never supported bashing of the band nor did I ever support anyone who said U2 sucks. But obviously you missed that too. Here's a thought... the next time you try to come after me or try to call me out on something, make sure it's about something I actually DID say. Okay?

ceallach67, I think you just need to be more "politically correct" here with regards to criticizing the band - and of approving of other's rightsto speak negatively about the band - and be more sensitive - understanding that there are VERY few "ho-hum" U2 fans - and most of us don't wantto read the criticism or negativity - NOT ANY.

And most of us don't want to read something from someone defending their right to be negative.

So if you in ANY WAY support someone's right to say something like "this new album is awful" here then don't be surprised if you'relumped in with the nay-sayers themselves.

And please don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about - I know for certain that you remember the last time you and I had this very samedebate.

Just consider what I am saying.

Or don't.

But, as you can see, I'm not the first or last person who is being rubbed the wrong way by the negativity and critiques.

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67, I think you just need to be more "politically correct" here with regards to criticizing the band - and of approving of other's rights to speak negatively about the band - and be more sensitive - understanding that there are VERY few "ho-hum" U2 fans - and most of us don't want to read the criticism or negativity - NOT ANY.

And most of us don't want to read something from someone defending their right to be negative.

So if you in ANY WAY support someone's right to say something like "this new album is awful" here then don't be surprised if you're lumped in with the nay-sayers themselves.

And please don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about - I know for certain that you remember the last time you and I had this very same debate.

Just consider what I am saying.

Or don't.

But, as you can see, I'm not the first or last person who is being rubbed the wrong way by the negativity and critiques.

So someone has no right to post their dislike? Great!

Off go the sheep! Baaaaah!

"Most of us?"

Did you poll everyone? Did you send everyone on the sit a PM asking them? I love the "Don't criticize my band in any way!" brigade. I havenever run into a sub-section of fans of any band as sensitive as some people around here. Its like a classroom for the weak-willed and easily offended. Ifsomeone criticizing the band is SO important to you, I think you need to seriously re-think your priorities in life.

I'll go ahead and make my ow generalization that most of "us" detest people who tell say that not a single negative word can be spoken about theband. Now, you've just ben lumped into a group of people. Hows that feel?

If you think U2 are infallible and everything they have ever done is perfect thats okay. The fact that you want to discount everyone who disagrees with you iswhat makes you immature and ridiculous.

Scott Montes wrote:

1) The "One" reference was for whomever brought up the "American" comment. It had nothing to do with our discussion about "Crazy Tonight" and the new album.

2) Please show me where I have insulted anyone??
tongue02.gif
Didn't happen. If your on this site bashing the band, you should turn in your "fan card".

3) This site is about rejoicing in U2. It is about the fans. Its not about being critical. And yes, this discussion has gotten "Negative" about "Crazy Tonight". It is our right to defend the band!!

As Bono sings in Boots...."You just don't get it do you??"
tongue02.gif

No you don't get it.

With your one statement of "turn in your card" blah blah blah. You created more negativity than he did in his well thought-out criticism, which isbetter than any of the crap you have posted.

I said it to see what reaction I would receive. Your over-reaction, proved my point.

If you want to live in a fantasy world where everyone who likes U2 has to LIKE everything then maybe you should turn in your "card" and go form aforum where open discussion is prohibited alright?

If you REALLY believe in the lyrics of "One," then stop excluding people who have differing viewpoints.

P.S.

You played right into my "spoiled American" remark. Good job!