Appalling: Censorship on this site

Tinyonetree

• Subscriber

basher1 wrote:

Yayyyyy a thread where theres been trouble amd it didn't involve me.......

Am i losing my touch...........maybe.......

BUT......

Tina had a point about the masks i think it is ridiculous and on hearing the bootleg from Barca Bono asking everyone to put them on....erm no sorry not gonna happen (oohhh flashback to the last time i asked mrs b for some fun)..........

BUT...

I also agree with Baja and the rest of the goons 1st post was a bit of a complaint but Tina don't let it get ya down it happens all the time (i've had my bum spanked a few times) so don't feel like you are the only person this has happened to this place CAN be great fun from time to time.

In the meantime some advice......chill the tours started and stay away from prksoda..........lol

I wasn't anywhere near that thread, I swear. Hey... there was trouble and WE didn't cause it? Wow, maybe we're both losing our touch? :P

I'm on the fence about the masks. I understand the point and at first I thought it was a very timely idea because of the trials going on, but, I'mnot not sure I think it's a good idea anymore. After reading some of the points made by others, I saw a different side of it that I'd not consideredbefore. If people want to support Aung San Suu Kyi they can do so at one of the sites designed to support her cause. It would seem that would make more senseand have more of an effect than wearing a mask during a song. Either way and regardless of how I personally feel, what I dislike greatly, is people tellingothers what they should do, think or feel and then attacking rabidly if people don't conform to their way of thinking. I really hate that crap.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for those of you who wrote encouraging words to me. Thanks Opeth for saying that it's themost interesting thread you've seen in ages, it shows what it must really be like around here generally tired.gif And I know that things on a forum can get easily heated or misunderstood. I amalso happy to see that I'm not the only person who thinks the masks are dumb and a waste of paper, I just would have preferred that people express that inthe actual thread I started for the subject.

I'm thinking if several people have tried to come here and reacted defensively, mabye MAYBE, a little introspecting should be done around here as to howyou welcome people. Again, another forumer who made a comment in that thread was insulted and didn't come back.... I am not a vulgar person, I have twosmall boys to whom I want to give a good example to, but when people start name calling me, I'm not going to sit there and just lap it up because I am anewbie. Again, I am not here to flatter egos and make nice talk about the weather, I am here to talk U2.

Baja girl: A negative one, and if you stick around for a bit you will see a pattern emerge. Hence the reception you got. And why some of the responses wereremoved as they violated the TOS

Any place that has this way of doing, is not a place that is interesting to be in. Conversations are meant to be diverse andexpose opinions, how ever heated they can become. If that diversity is what makes threads interesting but they end up getting deleted, well this is no funplace to be.

Baja girl: It is, but not with insults or vulgarity, which you did (another typical response we get from newcomers thatare here to cause trouble). It earned you no point in the credibilitydepartment

If it's a typical response, again, you may want to think what you are saying to newcomers for them to react that way. Furthermore, if you have itin your mind that newcomers are here to start trouble, well obviously everyone will be on the defensive to every newcomer.... Are you starting to see a patternhere?? And finally, my credibility is in life, with my family and friends not some place where no one knows me and where I know no one. I have nothing to proveto anyone here Bajagirl, even if you do think you're the rule queen or something... eyes.giflaugh.gif

For those of you going to a show soon, have fun! I will be in Milano next Wednesday for show#2. happy.gif And for those of you who want to pop over and see what's going on overhere: http://www.u2station.com/forum/ (we'll see if that gets deleted! laugh.gif) hope to see you soon! wink.gif

So then as you nicely advised me to do Bajagirl I will let you keep hounding and bugging people and I will be on my merry way! Ciao all!

LOGOUT BUTTON

Tinaburger wrote:
Thanks for those of you who wrote encouraging words to me. Thanks Opeth for saying that it's the most interesting thread you've seen in ages, it shows what it must really be like around here generally tongue.gif )

basher1 wrote:

BUT......

Tina had a point about the masks i think it is ridiculous and on hearing the bootleg from Barca Bono asking everyone to put them on....erm no sorry not gonna happen (oohhh flashback to the last time i asked mrs b for some fun)..........

BUT...

I also agree with Baja and the rest of the goons 1st post was a bit of a complaint but Tina don't let it get ya down it happens all the time (i've had my bum spanked a few times) so don't feel like you are the only person this has happened to this place CAN be great fun from time to time.

In the meantime some advice......chill the tours started and stay away from prksoda..........lol

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks man, you just made me waste a mouthful of coffee!! Yeah but really, what waswith the Baja bashing? Anyways, the "elders" thing? I've only been here since April and I don't kiss anyone's ass, or really care whatanyone else thinks! This is nothing compared to some of the more "colorful" members we have around here Tina.

prksoda00 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

BUT......

BUT...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks man, you just made me waste a mouthful of coffee!! Yeah but really, what was with the Baja bashing? Anyways, the "elders" thing? I've only been here since April and I don't kiss anyone's ass, or really care what anyone else thinks! This is nothing compared to some of the more "colorful" members we have around here Tina.
Sorry mate but thought you'd appreciate the shout out........lol