Are there any Guitarists in the zoo!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

For me it's Elevation. I don't have the effects, but thanks to that clip of Edge on BBC The Story of Guitar I know what he's really playing under that. Apart from a pedal, all you need is to stick on the drive and strum away! I did it myself, just the other day.

• Subscriber

yeah elevation is pretty damn great, all ya need (all i use) is a fuzz pedal and some comps.

presonally of U2's songs i love to play NLOTH, beautiful day, streets, nothing beats the fly (took me like a year to finally pull out a tone that sounds good -- i play it boston elevation style. even better and HMTMKMKM just to use my digitech whammy. gone is terrific, bad, UF if you know how to play is CORRECTLY, miracle drug, zoo station is great, unknown caller VERTIGO please love and peace sunday bloody sunday bullet magnificent desire New york (probably my favorite) boots ok ill stop now.

oh and city of blinding lights

gee, i know what the body, neck and crown are, plus frets....thats it so far...been holding them in the stores studio and thinking about buying one....so far, the martin guitars look stunning to me...

but what do i know?

I tried to strum one at the store and not knowing anythinng at all

I can just say that the darn thing was positively incredible

lessons are so expensive though...

should I get a martin and just goof around?

per razpaz's advice, I went and looked at used ones today, and liked an acoustic fender...

the rep tld me NOT to buy a body with a laminite front and that the real wood has a better sound..

the fender looked huge though...kinda fat in its body...

do acoustics come in diffent sizes?

its used, but its a fender-can I go wrong?

the rep recommended watching "how to" videos on youtube to save money..

any recommendations for specific youtube guitar lessons?

Thanks!

• Subscriber

yeah elevation is pretty damn great, all ya need (all i use) is a fuzz pedal and some comps.

presonally of U2's songs i love to play NLOTH, beautiful day, streets, nothing beats the fly (took me like a year to finally pull out a tone that sounds good -- i play it boston elevation style. even better and HMTMKMKM just to use my digitech whammy. gone is terrific, bad, UF if you know how to play is CORRECTLY, miracle drug, zoo station is great, unknown caller VERTIGO please love and peace sunday bloody sunday bullet magnificent desire New york (probably my favorite) boots ok ill stop now.

got any vids?

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

celticfc09']yeah elevation is pretty damn great, all ya need (all i use) is a fuzz pedal and some comps.

got any vids?

umm.... no.

sorry i havent ever bothered

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Unfortunately I'm unlucky enough to be left-handed, and Gibson's lefty guitars are obscenely expensive, so I had to settle for an Epiphone SG rather than the real thing.

• Subscriber

ok. playing guitar left handed is quite unnecessary. even leftys can play normal style, your doing the majority of the work with your left hand anyways.

I dont have a gibson -- all gibsons are expensive, I'm also not big on just copying everything from Edge (like having all the same guitars and gear). im also not big on tribute bands that play only one band. my friends and i (or you could call us a band) when we play a set we'll only maybe play one U2 song, we all love em, but devoting yourself to being a copy is a bit frightening