Final Dublin Show, To Pit or Not To Pit, That is the Question!

moleman

Hi All,

Had a great night on the Forum last night. We had great pics, deadly videos and a live feed that although it went up and down very often it still made you feellike you were part of the action. U2 are havin a rest today. God knows they probably need it after the last 2 nights! But for me tomorrow night is closing inand I will actually get to be there. To worship at the foot of Mount Claw!

Now, the holy grail of questions is this:
I have GA Tickets. Do I que for the pit or do I watch from just outside it?

I asked this question last night and here is some of the responses I got:

baz1973
we queued at 10 am on friday and we got into the pit even thought there were nearly 2000 ahead of us (i think), wethought we hadnt a hope of gettin in there but we made it. the staff ushered the pit crowd into a kind of 'holding pen' at roughly 1pm and got to hearthe soundcheck which cheered us up in the rain, and eventually we were admitted at 4pm ish.... it was quite a crush at front of pit so we opted for side stageand we got great views and pics of the bands. saw them walking on and leaving from where we were and had room to shake our asses too :) awesome night, simplymagnificent. well worth the wait but be prepared for sore legs day after lol,

I put the following question to Berni:
Moleman
What time did you start queing to get into the pit. They said that you couldn't startqueing until 4pm but I heard some people were making their own ques? Roughly how many would you say get in 400? 700?

Berni
We queued from 12noon (which is late compared to some!), the security were great and had setup loads of lines ofbarriers and gave you a stamp as you got in line and I believe everyone who got a stamp got into the pit. I can't imagine the organisation will be thatgood at every gig though!

From what people were saying there were 2500 in the pit. It felt quite close before u2 hit the stage (probablycos people were sitting down) but was fine once they were on.

Moleman
Thanks for that Berni, One last thing, Once you got in did they give you an armband to get in and out or whereyou relying on that stamp to get back in?

Berni
We didn't have armbands at all, but I think there was a security guy at the end of each line (there was one on our line anyway) and you could get in andout for toilets/food stands/merch but couldn't leave the main gates I think. I got out of line for the toilet and got back in where I was no problems, sodid loads of other people in the bit of the queue by me. They opened the turnstiles at about 4.30pm though rather than 6 so my advice would be to avoid leavingthe queue too late just in case they starting letting people in while you're gone!!

Some good advice there for those of you going on Monday. Now we have the plan for queing, does anyone know:
When/If we do get into the pit inside Croke Park, will they give us an armband so we can come and go as we please? I know people will be stamped butonce we get in do we have to stay in there? This becomes relevant when it comes to toilets, goin for beer or food, or buying merchantise.

If anyone would like to share their experience we would be very grateful!

• Subscriber

moleman wrote:

Was anyone in the pit on Friday or Saturday. What was it like? Could you get out of it and get back in then later?

Was in the pit for last night - good view of most of the happenings but as i was on Adams side didnt see much of The Edge. You neck will hurt thenext day as we spent half the time looking up at 90 plus degree angle - to be honest, i think you would hade a nicer view dead centre and the outside barrier

and yes you can go in and out as you get a wristband for the pit

• Subscriber

You can come and go as you please - Saturday Pit was wristbanded. I queued at 1pm and they handed out wrist bands at about 2.30 onwards. My friend got there at3pm and was the in the last 50 to get into the Pit. At 4 pm they let us in.

If you get there early and decide you'd prefer not to go into the Pit I think I was a seperate Q for those who want to go front of stage. That may be abetter option to see Bono front on although I think it looked fairly packed there - not sure I'd like getting that squashed.

Stage is high so front of inner circle the view is limited. Back of inner circle is better.

If you want you can go either side of the pit - they do let everyone in via Adams side but you can get into Edges side later by going down a long tunnel andpast Red Zone 1.