New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hi, fan since the 80s and their first videos on MTV, but kind of went away from them around Zooropa. But LOVE the new album and NLOTH as well, though I still like their oldest stuff the best. Got a Red Zone for MSG the last night, 7/31 and very excited!!  Also a big fan of Rush and trying to get a ticket for them.  Also a huge Styx fan and Tim McGraw fan, so I'm kind of all over the place....

I know...In the early 80s, I was into groups like The Police, Journey and Def Leppard. But none of them or other bands ever took hold of me the way U2 did. However, I didn't become a true lover of that group until "The Joshua Tree" was released. From the 90s on, I began to feel this disconnect because they decided to go on a new musical direction. With few exceptions (like "Kite"), I became a bit disappointed with the new music...so much so that (I thought) I fell outta love with my true loves. But recently, I discovered that this was not the case. U2 will always occupy a soft spot in my heart, especially whenever I listen to their 80s stuff.

• Subscriber

Hello, newbie here! Been a fan since the 80s, seen them live once and desperate to see them in London! Have my pre-sale code primed and ready for Wednesday..just hoping the tickets aren't out of my price range now! Does anybody have an idea how much they will be? Apologies if it's poor etiquette to ask! :)