New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Community Moderator
2 hours ago, leah1964 said:

Hi I'm Leah. I've been a fan for 42 years, seen U2 11 times and Las Vegas will bring me up to 13. I'm from Scotland and go to see U2 tribute bands. Always happy to meet up with other fans at gigs.

Welcome to the Zoo! Hope you have a great time in Las Vegas!

• Subscriber
On 7/25/2023 at 1:48 PM, Olwen669 said:

Hi, I am new here and am writing in the hope that this message will be read or passed on to someone who can help.

My older brother Glyn, who is 53 and has lived in Dublin most of his life has been a massive U2 fan since I can remember, he has to been to the gigs in Ireland (even in 86), has the album's on vinyl, cd's etc used to have the Bono hat and long coat and even named our family cat Bono. 

However sadly my brother was diagnosed last September with throat cancer for which they removed his voice box and part of his throat, leaving him with no way of talking and left being peg fed.  Unfortunately in March this year they then found cancer in his spine which is terminal, he is currently fighting it with chemo and still manages to dance to U2 in his kitchen despite being in agony with his spine.

He is a happily married man with 4 wonderful children and I would just love it if something could be done by the band even just something small that would make his day.

He is an inspiration to all of us especially me his little sister as I lost my partner less than 2 years ago to pancreatitis and my brother keeps me going.

Thank you in advance

Hello. Prayers for your bother, you and all your loved ones.  

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, leah1964 said:

Hi I'm Leah. I've been a fan for 42 years, seen U2 11 times and Las Vegas will bring me up to 13. I'm from Scotland and go to see U2 tribute bands. Always happy to meet up with other fans at gigs.

Hello hello!    :Vertigo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Long term U2 fan from Glasgow Scotland. Think I’ve attended 13 gigs if you include Bono book launch. Found these today. So looking forward to Vegas in October 

IMG_0893.jpeg

Edited by JMH72
More information
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi every body ! bonjour à tous !

U2 has been, since my childhood, the music that has accompanied my parents' evenings, and since my teenage years, the music that has accompanied my evenings with mates 😎!

I was only able to attend in 360° tour concert in Paris.😬

I'm a kind of artsite designer, and I had an idea of a project for the group U2, and I would like to know who would be in charge of seeing this new project full of humanism?