New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

I discovered U2 thanks to a friend that talked me into buying the Unforgetable Fire album way back in 1984. A week later I bought Boy, October, and War, and later that year saw U2 in concert at the Fox Theater in Detroit (holds 5,000). It was one of the first concerts I had ever seen, and it was amazing. The last concert I saw, 30 years ago, was the Zoo TV tour. So I'm ready to relive that bit of history in Vegas. 

I have a bad habit of repurchacing U2 albums as new formats become available, though recently I've started over with vinyl. Something special there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hey all!

I'm a second-time U2.com subscriber. I joined years ago and let it lapse and with the news of the Sphere and the cool interviews the band has been doing on Apple and Bono's new book, I realized how much I missed it. 

I tried to get tix but came up short - if anyone needs a plus 1...

I live in LA with my wife and two little kids. A 5-year-old and a 16-month-old boy. They are super cute. 

I've been listening to U2 since the late 90s and I was able to see them twice in Boston back in 2017 (i think). 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, ericvillhauer said:

Hey all!

I'm a second-time U2.com subscriber. I joined years ago and let it lapse and with the news of the Sphere and the cool interviews the band has been doing on Apple and Bono's new book, I realized how much I missed it. 

I tried to get tix but came up short - if anyone needs a plus 1...

I live in LA with my wife and two little kids. A 5-year-old and a 16-month-old boy. They are super cute. 

I've been listening to U2 since the late 90s and I was able to see them twice in Boston back in 2017 (i think). 

Welcome.  There appears to be lots of tickets remaining, especially for the December shows, at face value if you can make the dates work.   Also, there will be a fan-to-fan face value exchange opening up at some point in the future, so keep checking in.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, ericvillhauer said:

I live in LA with my wife and two little kids. A 5-year-old and a 16-month-old boy. They are super cute

I'll bet they are and keeping you on your toes to boot.  Welcome back to Zootopia. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new here and am writing in the hope that this message will be read or passed on to someone who can help.

My older brother Glyn, who is 53 and has lived in Dublin most of his life has been a massive U2 fan since I can remember, he has to been to the gigs in Ireland (even in 86), has the album's on vinyl, cd's etc used to have the Bono hat and long coat and even named our family cat Bono. 

However sadly my brother was diagnosed last September with throat cancer for which they removed his voice box and part of his throat, leaving him with no way of talking and left being peg fed.  Unfortunately in March this year they then found cancer in his spine which is terminal, he is currently fighting it with chemo and still manages to dance to U2 in his kitchen despite being in agony with his spine.

He is a happily married man with 4 wonderful children and I would just love it if something could be done by the band even just something small that would make his day.

He is an inspiration to all of us especially me his little sister as I lost my partner less than 2 years ago to pancreatitis and my brother keeps me going.

Thank you in advance

• Sad 1

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, Olwen669 said:

Hi, I am new here and am writing in the hope that this message will be read or passed on to someone who can help.

My older brother Glyn, who is 53 and has lived in Dublin most of his life has been a massive U2 fan since I can remember, he has to been to the gigs in Ireland (even in 86), has the album's on vinyl, cd's etc used to have the Bono hat and long coat and even named our family cat Bono. 

However sadly my brother was diagnosed last September with throat cancer for which they removed his voice box and part of his throat, leaving him with no way of talking and left being peg fed.  Unfortunately in March this year they then found cancer in his spine which is terminal, he is currently fighting it with chemo and still manages to dance to U2 in his kitchen despite being in agony with his spine.

He is a happily married man with 4 wonderful children and I would just love it if something could be done by the band even just something small that would make his day.

He is an inspiration to all of us especially me his little sister as I lost my partner less than 2 years ago to pancreatitis and my brother keeps me going.

Thank you in advance

Hi, and welcome to the Zoo, can I wish you and your brother and family all the very best at this time.

While we have no direct contact here with the band, you never know who reads the forums here... so thank you for your post and again, welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bigwave said:

Hi, and welcome to the Zoo, can I wish you and your brother and family all the very best at this time.

While we have no direct contact here with the band, you never know who reads the forums here... so thank you for your post and again, welcome aboard!

Thank you for the reply.

I posted on here after contacting via U2.com they suggested this community group as from time to time band members read the odd post, maybe just maybe they might read mine and make a dying man very happy.